Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,462 Posts
The seeds that I received before the story hit the news were tomatoes. They didn’t germinate well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've read Amazon reviews and stuff about some seed orders out of China having poor germination rates. Old seeds, shipping conditions not ideal, maybe stored in wrong environment... I've wondered what is up with that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've read Amazon reviews and stuff about some seed orders out of China having poor germination rates. Old seeds, shipping conditions not ideal, maybe stored in wrong environment... I've wondered what is up with that.
Considering that, I'd say the Amazon ordering scam seems more likely.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Really? A country that caused an entire planet to shut down and really doesn't care?

Sending some seeds would be an easy way to cause even more panic.

Why take a chance.

I am not a conspiracy guy, but it would not surprise me to see them send seeds that cause damage to our native and hierloom seed populations.

Then miraculously, have plenty of "good" seeds to sell the world once our own seed banks collapse.

Yeah, it sounds crazy. But so did us all having to suddenly wear masks and destroy businesses that folks spent their entire lives building.

Like I said, why take a chance.

Do you feed you pets chinese dig food and treats? Proven tainted, as well as baby formula and seafood. I don't eat anything that comes from China on purpose, my pets don't either.

Some people are either shills for China or are purposefully being obtuse.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Probably. I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out and automatically assuming the worst here.
It may not be malicious, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem, because of the possibility of invasive species. But in the current world political climate, it's certainly not helpful.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts