Seeds..here we go again!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by PonderosaQ, Oct 13, 2004.

1. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

This season is barely over and already I am thinking about seeds for next year. Actually I am thinking of seeds (or a catalog and gift cert) as Christmas gifts for gardening friends. Do any of you know of any co's other then Pintree (love them) that sell smaller packets of seeds for those who won't use a lot?

Thanks,
    PQ

2. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Le Jardin du Gourmet seeds (/www.artisticgardens.com/catalog/) have mini packages (smaller and cheaper than Pinetree). I like them especially for herbs and / or something I just want to try. They respond as quick as PineTree (I like PineTree also, and probably buy most of our seeds from them), and I've had good luck with germination also. (Most of the Le Jardin du Gourmet are 35 cents but are small).

Pat

3. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

Definitely a second on le Jardin du Gourmet. After not gardening for a few years, I spent $31 something on sample packs with them late this season and have enjoyed my "finds"--what survived the neighbor's cat and the squirrels digging! They've updated their site to state aproximately how many seeds are in sampler packs but even 12 can be a nice start. Many of their beans are very unique as are their pumpkins and squashes.

I do miss the days when shipping for $5 worth of samplers was free... :waa:

katy

4. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

It is a huge relief to me to find others who are already looking at seeds for next year.

I've been having to slap my own hands a few times a week already, to keep from buying seeds yet!

5. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I have already bought twice and they were packaged for 2005.Why hesitate?I look at them over and over.