Seed Swap Round Robin Rules and Sign-up

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by marisal, Dec 15, 2003.

1. marisal

marisal Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone!! Here are the rules for joining this Seed Swap Round Robin:

Please email me with your full address, so I can figure out the flight path, and make up shipping labels.

First you must agree to have the package tracked, tracking is done at the post office, we will track this Robin USPS. It is 55 cents extra from each of you.

When you get the box, please either post on this thread, or email me so we know you got it. There will be a packet of address labels. When you are done going through the box, please put the next label on the box, and ship it to that person. They will be in order, and numbered, so please go in order.

When you have shipped it out and gotten the conformation number, please either post it on this thread, or email it to me.

This Round Robin is for all kinds of seeds - vegetables, herbs, flowers, succulents and vines.

You can trade as many seed packets as you wish.

Please label each packet with at least with the common name. If you know the latin name please include it. Please add the color, zone, annual, perennial, herb, veggie ect. if you know it. Any extra information would be helpful, such as sowing depth, sun/shade, days to harvest for veggie's, ect.

I will email everyone the flight path as soon as everyone has signed up.

I will give a sign-up deadline of January 5th, so it is after the holidays. after that day, I will have the flight path, and will send it out!
    I hope you all enjoy it!
    ~Marisa :)

marisalbailey "at" Yahoo.com (the "at" means @)

Please put "Round robin" in the subject line...Thanks!!

2. RANDEL

RANDEL Well-Known Member

i notice u said seed "packet". the best seeds i have to offer are not commercially packaged. i assume this is ok, but wanted to check.

3. marisal

Oh yes, thats fine, I just meant the packet the seeds are in...or baggie, or envelope, etc... :)

4. RANDEL

RANDEL Well-Known Member

also. i plan to put in a bit more than i take out. if we mostly all do that maybe the thing would go around again. or was that the idea anyway?

5. marisal

Sure! If everyone liked it, we can do it again!

6. Hammer

Hammer Active Member

I am new hear and have not figured out how to find the sign up location.
    I mainly save heirloom veggie seeds. I am wondering if this is for veggies or flowers, I have very few flower seeds. So I would like to know what what people in this swap are interested in.

7. marisal

Hi Hammer!

The seed swap is for all types of seeds.

The way to sign up is to email me or PM me your address so I can figure out a flight path.
    Thats it! :)

Thanks!

8. marisal

9. marisal

Happy Holidays!

Bump....

10. marisal

11 people have signed up so far....This is gonna be fun!

11. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

I can't wait!

12. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Still thinking about it here. In all honesty I simply don't need a single nother seed as I am sooooooooo over stretched with things I want to plant. I got a big kick out of someone talking about their SHOEBOX of seed getting tossed. My seeds supply would take a closet full of shoeboxes. Perhaps you should send ME your address and I can just send some to you to put in the box??

13. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

Diane, do you have any Amish Paste tomato seeds? I would love some...would gladly send sase or $ or a trade?

14. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Leaving shortly for a few days with my daughter and the grands. When I get back I will check and see. I did have but the memory gets foggy these days about what I actually have, and what I HAD. It is one that I regularly plant out, but did not last year.......that much I do remember :haha: After 9-11 I filled every jar in the house just to keep myself busy cause having 6 children....all near large cities was driving me crazy. I am finishing up using that stuff this winter. Merry Christmas to all my gardening friends!!!

15. marisal

16. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

sending you my address.
    Thank you Marisa for organizing this swap, I know it is a tremendous amount of work. I hope you enjoy it though.

17. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I tried to email you "marisalbaily@yahoo.com' but could not get thru. OK I must be slow. How many go in , how many can we take, and will the last person in line end up with all radish seeds?
    steff

18. marisal

You take out how ever many you need, and put back in that amount. If you are just starting out, or moved or in situations like that, you can take more than you put in.

There should be a big enough variety for everyone to get a good selection! :)

19. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

Hi Steff....we just moved, so I will be putting in mostly store bought seeds. My plan is to wait until the box comes, then see what is lacking, go to Territorial (about 20 minutes away) and put those in.

Hey, I also just had an idea, if anyone who is after me on the rotation wants anything specific from Territorial, I can get it too and put it in. That way, you'll only have to pay for shipping once.

I am so excited!

20. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

I pm'd You ~ I would like to join this !!!