Seed Catologs (vent)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by r.h. in okla., Jan 16, 2004.

1. You know it is hard to sleep when you keep getting seed catalogs in the mail. Seems I keep getting at least one a week since this first week of December and today I received another one. I had a few minutes to set down and relax before bedtime and started looking through the new catalog from gurneys. Now I'm so excited again about this coming spring gardening that I can't sleep! ;)

2. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

I received one from Gurney's too. Did your catalog have a coupon on the front for $20.00 off a $40.00 or more order? That seems like a deal!

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

:haha: I know what you mean R.H.. I've got spring fever so bad now, I owe it all to the seed catalogs. I'm going to have them worn out by the time I am able to get started on my garden.

4. Mike, yes I did recieve a coupon for 20 dollars off. It is a good deal. Last year I ordered in the neighborhood of $100 worth of fruit trees from them and used the coupon then. It was like haveing the taxes and shipping paid for. They will probably be the outfit I use again this year. I'm trying to build up my orchard and have things that I've always dreamed about.

Well this has got me dreaming again. I better go find the new catolog and see what I want to add this year.

5. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

I've gotten a lot of coupons with various catalogs this year.

One was $20 off no minimum order (my cost came to $4.10 after the coupon)
    Another was buy $20 (minimum) get another $20 free
    The third was $25 off, no minimum (using this one to order some row covers)

Which raises an interesting question...how many different catalogs do people order from....I'm ordering from 4 different ones.

Mike

6. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

""You know it is hard to sleep when you keep getting seed catalogs in the mail.""

I woke up with 2 of them under my pillow this a.m.

7. Darren in TN

Darren in TN Guest

Would you folks mind sharing which companies are sending you coupons? I would love to be save some money on seeds and maybe some new trees this year. I'll keep an eye out and post if I find anyother deals out there!

Thanks,
    Darren

8. Darren in TN

Darren in TN Guest

True to my word, here are a few I found on flamingoworld.com (a savings and coupon website):

from http://www.flamingoworld.com/garden

$20 off $50 at Breck's Bulbs for new customers(http://brecks.com/index.asp?sid=700135)

$20 off $40 at gardensalive.com (http://www.gardensalive.com/index.asp?sid=101137)

$20 off of $50 at Spring Hill Nursery - not sure if this one works?
    (http://springhillnursery.com/default.asp?sid=400167)

and there's a $20 off $50 for Michigan Bulb Co., but I'm not a big fan of them.

Happy gardening, all (sorry if I've doomed you to more sleepless nights!)
    Darren

9. Mike in Ohio

I'm not at home so I'll have to post them this weekend.

Mike

10. Mike in Ohio

Here's my list of catalogs that came with coupons:

Gurneys had a $20 with "no strings attached"
    Henry Fields had a $20 worth of products free (off) if you purchase $40 (so net $20)
    Gardens Alive had a $25 gift certificate with no minimum order (so if it is less than $25 it is free)

That's about it. The other catalogs had a few seed packets free if you order over a certain amount, etc.

Mike

11. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Catologs don't bother me because I just go into town to a Seed Company there get all varities I want,pluse I can ask all the ????? I want.

big rockpile

12. Mike in Ohio

Just a followup..... I was going to take advantage of the Henry Fields offer by buying some red cedar seedlings. Even after the $20 off it is cheaper for me to buy the seedlings from the state at 85 cents each.

Mike