See y'all sometime later on in the week!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Hears The Water, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

I only have a second, I am on a friend's computer. No power, no water. Thank God for natural gas. We are at a friend's house for a "sleep-over" but are going home today to care for the animals. Another neighbor is fixing my little propane heater so we should have heat and will probably be able to stay home today. He has also offered us a generator and if that offer is still good, I may have power later on today, but otherwise it will be at least 2-3 more days until I get back on. Please keep us and all of our area in your prayers.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Stay warm, take care, walk safely on the ice.

Will be looking out for you later.

Angie

3. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

Debbie, Praying for you and your families safety.
    My daughter and her hubby in Springfield just got the weatherhead fixed on their house yesterday, thanks to another SIL coming from here to help, also took a kerosene heater (and kerosene) to help with heat. They cut downed trees all over their yard while they were there too.
    we only have a skim of ice here in Howell Co. Animals hurting from below zero wind temps tho. Stay Safe.

4. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

Many prayers for you!! I know it is very nasty down there. We have been much more fortunate powerwise than you all. Alot of my family lives in the Sparta, Nixa, Ozark, Springfield area and we know how ice and snow kinda shuts down the whole area. Again, many prayers!!

5. grannygardner

grannygardner Well-Known Member

Stay warm and safe Debbie. I'll be saying a prayer for you.

6. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Y'all know how when you wash your car, it rains? Well, a little known fact here: when you post online that you will not have power for two or three days, you get it turned back on that night! Yay! I am now home and we have power! Our water came back too. I still don't have hot water in the kitchen or the bathroom, but I do have it in the laundry room wich is right next to the hot water heater and hooked up to it directly. Somewhere between the washe and my kitchen sink there is either a broken pipe or a frozen one. Not sure yet and hope to find out tomorrow by either having hot water or getting under the house to look. Very happy to be home. I learned a LOT of things this go around. Some things not to do, and some things to do. I know that I am not the only HT-er that has been hit by this storm... please keep all of the others on our prayers!
    God bless you and yours
    Deb