See Catalogs

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by landmoswalt, Dec 27, 2006.

1. landmoswalt

landmoswalt Well-Known Member

I was wondering which company was the best to order seeds from. We usually just get packages from the stores here in town but they do not produce what I want and we usually have to re-seed. I am also wanting to plant two new fruit trees a year. Last year we planted two peach trees from Wal-mart. Husband about died when I told him where I got it! We have received two seed catalogs so far and I want to know which you all recommend for veggies,fruit trees,raspberries,blackberries,blueberries etc. I want to sell at the farmers market this year to help pay for our animals feed.

Thanks for the help. Lori

2. landmoswalt

landmoswalt Well-Known Member

Thanks I knew this topic had to have been already mentioned here. I am new to homesteading. Lori

3. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Hmmmm....This is like asking which is the best car to buy or which is the best kind of dog to have. Ask a forum full of gardeners and you'll get a forum full of answers.

Generally, we order from no more than 6 and they are all in or near our Zone. That might narrow down your choices. But, by all means, get on different websites and order their catalogs. They make great winter reading.