Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a motion camera that will come on with a recorded sound?
I want one on my porch with a recorded sound of gunfire!!!
Need to reach to edge of property. (not too far about 4 car lengths)

·
Registered
11,995 Posts
I understand it's pretty easy to hack into a Ring doorbell and also SimplySafe.

·
Registered
11,995 Posts

·
Voice of Reason
53,241 Posts
until it is.... ;)
I can understand concern over a camera inside the house being hacked, but a Ring doorbell just shows video of people at the front door.

I got it mostly because I have a lot of solicitors who don't respect my "no soliciting" sign. It's usually people who want to discuss religion or politics. With the Ring device I can tell them to go away from my laptop or smartphone.

It also provides added security. When I answer the device it gives the impression that I'm home, while I'm really downtown at a resort hotel for a day or two. I even answered my Ring device from Mexico one time while visiting my dental clinic.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Most probably there are such cameras, but when it comes to security, the last thing we should count on is the camera. I mean, the robbers may be masked, and in this case, the cameras are useless. This is why I decided to hire a security service company. About three years ago, my house was robbed and since then, I started collaborating with a security service company and during this time, my house was kept safe. If you want, you can check the site of the company I hired by clicking on ccsecurityservices.co.uk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts