Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is amazing the data be collected on criminal activity in recent public events. Mind boggling how the perpetrators themselves provide evidence of their own crimes.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,109 Posts
I agree, OP, but it is also amazing that some law enforcement folks refuse to use security camera evidence to prosecute criminals.

My son-in-law has a fairly upscale business in Austin, TX. He had security camera video of a guy vandalizing his business property one night.

The guy was clearly identifiable. He showed the video to law enforcement personnel and they refused to do anything at all. Told him to just submit a claim on his insurance.

Of course, we are talking about Austin---the "California" of Texas.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that why some think they can get away with it? Documenting your own criminal activity and often sharing it with the world. I just don't get it. Dashcams and security cameras already catch so much. Adding in your own stupid activities on your own cell phone is just one step too far.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
Ego -

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
Why do school kids video another student being pummeled by 10-12 other kids without helping?
Why do women and men keep nudies and on their phone and then act surprised when their exes post them?
Why do drivers still talk and text while behind the wheel?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I can't believe how all of these cameras in phones have created a bunch of people that would rather video a crime happening instead of trying to stop it. I mean, if you see a little old lady getting mugged, do you really have to film it? Watch people burn cities..."hey, let's film it". Makes me sick.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,109 Posts
Along these lines (security cameras helping identify criminals), check out the armed robbery video in Mississippi last Sunday night:

Click on the video in the article

(I couldn't simply insert the video link. It's not YouTube.)

Anybody think that the surveillance video will help identify the criminals? I doubt it.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,804 Posts
Jan 13, 2021

When we had an intruder our cameras were not mounted so that you could see faces. The responding police officer told us most cameras are not installed so a perp can easily be identified. Our cameras have been relocated so faces can be seen.

But now with covid and masks you can't see faces anyway.

They were waiting for him. He was lucky they didn't shoot him. Stupid punks, I hope they get what they deserve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts