Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know it's usually not nice to keep a secret. But, I like to do nice things for people on the sly and let them discover it later. Today my SO and I had to switch cars. His was almost empty so I filled it up. I was planning on washing it but I ran out of cash! I don't plan on telling him, I'll let him figure it out later.

What other things have you done lately for other people that you knew would make them smile? I'm always on the hunt for new things that I haven't thought of.... :rock:

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm an early morning riser and my Mr is not. When I get up early and remember to do it I get his insulin outa the fridge and lay it on my pillow so it is there when he does wake up and he doesn't have to go get it. It's a little thing....but it makes his life easier.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I had a $5.00 gift certificate from Father's Day to get used up at the local Dairy Queen.

I had called ahead and ordered my lunch and thought "I'll just use the drive thru to pick it up." As I came up to the drive thru - there was already somebody ordering, so I just by passed them and got behind the car waiting at the window.

I got to the window and the cashier said "$2.00." I said "Oh, I called and ordered my lunch and bypassed the car the car that was ordering." The cashier then told me my bill and I said "Go ahead and I'll pay for the guy behind me."

I have no idea who he was, but I hope he had a nice surprise going up to the window and being told he didn't owe anything.

I do that from time to time when I'm in line at a drive thru. Hopefully those people will "pay it forward" at some point.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Remember when your kids were little and the simplist thing made there whole day? My oldest daughter turned 28 this past Mon and dear hubby and I drove over an hr to her town and surprised her on a work day w/ a birthday lunch including her favorite, apple crisp...She burst into tears when we got her at the store she was at and it was a good lesson for a Mom of adult children...The littlest, "just thinking about you things" mean the most to our children no matter what age!

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
I love the story about paying for the person's order at the drive thru. There is a large bridge near us with a toll, and traffic on Saturdays in the summer is horrendous. I'm not a very patient person, so one day I was stuck for so long waiting to cross that bridge. I finally got up to the toll booth and paid my toll and paid for the person behind me, and my rotten mood just lifted away. It was something small ($2.50), but it made my day brighter and hopefully theirs too. :grin:

Ooh, and something else I did...my sister bought a house last summer and put in a HUGE garden this spring. She was so excited about it but was doing so much weeding by hand. I told her how much I loved my stirrup hoe, but she was on a tight budget. I ordered one from Amazon and had it shipped to her house, from "the garden fairy." She was so excited!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like doing what they call 'the drive through difference' (KTIS Christian radio station). It's fun but I always have that moment of freakout where I hope I have enough cash to cover what the person behind me has ordered. I did have to pass once because I didn't have enough money to pay for both myself and the dude behind me, but he was none the wiser. :)

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
My cousin told me a secret couple months ago I haven't told my wife.

big rockpile

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
Our family "egged" our Pastor's house this past Easter - we hid 12 Easter eggs around his yard and left a note telling him to find 12 eggs in his yard but not to be sad when he found that one was empty - for that egg represented the empty tomb we were celebrating that resurrection Sunday. I'll bet he's still wondering who it was :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts