Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
On the radio news they were making a big deal about the last Dr being "ebola free" and released and that there were no more people being treated for Ebola in the US. So I wouldn't be surprised to to find out were up to our eyeballs with them.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
On the radio news they were making a big deal about the last Dr being "ebola free" and released and that there were no more people being treated for Ebola in the US. So I wouldn't be surprised to to find out were up to our eyeballs with them.
:umno:

There is no way something like this can be kept under wraps. With social media being what it is, SOMEONE would say, in effect, "Uncle Joe's in the ICU with Ebola, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone."

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
:umno:

There is no way something like this can be kept under wraps. With social media being what it is, SOMEONE would say, in effect, "Uncle Joe's in the ICU with Ebola, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone."
Maybe but the OP was talking about people from Africa being flown in. I doubt their relatives would be complaining.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
CNN is reporting that a physician from Sierra Leone, a citizen of that country who has permanent American residency, does have Ebola and as of now is scheduled to arrive in the U.S. this weekend, most likely Saturday.

His name and other information have not yet been released.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/health/nebraska-ebola-patient/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Nebraska Medical Center, which has cared for two other Ebola patients, cannot comment further without his permission, either.

·
Premium Member
25,219 Posts
We'll just wait until he's at death's door and highly contagious before bringing him to the US. I sure hope the pilot and other people on the flight have protective gear on. Hopefully they wrap him in protective gear too.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
CNN is reporting that a physician from Sierra Leone, a citizen of that country who has permanent American residency, does have Ebola and as of now is scheduled to arrive in the U.S. this weekend, most likely Saturday.

His name and other information have not yet been released.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/health/nebraska-ebola-patient/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Nebraska Medical Center, which has cared for two other Ebola patients, cannot comment further without his permission, either.
Those really aren't necessary. Just knowing there is an Ebola patient being flown in will keep people from thinking that the gov is hiding things. Mostly.... I don't care what their name, gender, age or food preferences are. Just don't be sneaky about it.

Reactions: scooter

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
We'll just wait until he's at death's door and highly contagious before bringing him to the US. I sure hope the pilot and other people on the flight have protective gear on. Hopefully they wrap him in protective gear too.
They're probably going to use that private plane that they've used to bring the other patients here. I'm guessing that they use it to bring supplies in when they head to Africa; last I heard, it's usually kept in the Atlanta area.

I read a while back that Dr. Brantly's arrival was delayed by almost a day because they had issues with the plane's pressurization. I was surprised that he was stable enough to be transported in the first place - never mind that, as we all know, he climbed out of the ambulance and walked into the hospital. :shocked:

Ironically, this story, and an associated one in the Wall Street Journal, was published yesterday. TL : DR - when Ashoka Mukpo was admitted to the Liberian hospital, he was given a gym mat and three buckets. I can't imagine the smell.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...-recounts-illness-new-essay-article-1.2010004

IIRC, the American missionaries were able to be treated in their homes until they were sent here; that apparently wasn't an option for him.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
They keep reporting that he is the sickest person to be treated in the US.
I keep thinking 'I bet the Duncan guy was sicker".
(being that he died from it and all..you know...)
Dr. Brantly must be part cat if some of the stories I've read and heard about what he went through, both before and after he came here, are true, and he's used up about 7 of those lives. I recently saw a picture of him from his discharge press conference, and honestly, he looked like one of those late stage AIDS patients you used to see around. I saw him interviewed a few weeks ago, and he'd put on quite a bit of weight - not a bad thing, in this case. He's said that the worst thing about the whole ordeal was having to have his diapers changed due to severe diarrhea which made him incontinent, and one account said he was losing up to 10 liters of fluid daily, which included quite a bit of blood. I just can't imagine.

The other men who've survived also looked, upon discharge, like they'd been walloped pretty hard, because they had been. The women looked a lot better, although the nurses recovered very quickly relatively to the others, and they might be more amenable to having makeup put on before their press conferences.

Dr. Sacra, who's had a rough recovery himself, recently said that while he was the sickest he'd ever been in his life and had several really miserable days, he never thought his life was in danger.......until he saw his chart. He said, "My platelets were LOOOOOOOOW! I really WAS sick."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts