Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
swamper
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the deal.

PETA has started a campaign where they call fish "sea kittens" and fishing "sea kitten hunting".

Already 2,000 people of questionable intelligence have sent an email to the FWS director to stop the hunting of sea kittens.

So what I'm asking you do is follow the link below to the PETA website.

Then copy and paste the NEW message below or one of your liking in place of their foolish babble.

Make sure you also edit the Subject line as well.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/sea_kittens1

Please be respectful, the email goes to the FWS director and PETA will likely get a copy.

*Example NEW Subject:*

Ignore PeTA and Sea Kitten Campaign

*Example NEW Message:*

The Fish and Wildlife Service's promotion of fishing is a fantastic mission. Fishing inspires a connection with nature and offers the added opportunity to harvest one's own food.

In light of these facts, I urge you to do the right thing by adhering to the FWS' stated mission to protect fish and fishing.

Please ignore PETA and other organizations who find it necessary to create ficticious marketing characters such as "sea kittens". Campaigns such as these are ridiculous and demeaning to everyone's intelligence.

My family members all enjoy fishing and I will continue to educate them as stewards.
sunnydaze is offline Reply With Quote <http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1700275>

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Oh for pity's sake.
It is so pathetic that it is almost funny.
Ok.. the only thing funny about it must be the FWS guy's face everytime he thinks about fish being called "sea kittens".
Of all the stupid... muttermuttermutter..**&&^%$^% ing PETA!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I'd like to tell PETA what to do with their seakittens, but they'd have to liberally lube them first.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
I suggest that instead of shooting game we shoot PAWS and PETAS. Problem is I don't know how to prepare them. Do you skin them or fillet them?? Do they make good sausage??

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Silly PETA....They've gotten it wrong again. EVERYONE knows that fish are fowl, not mammals....Tuna aka "Chicken" of the Sea and all. Guess that campaign wouldn't work either because their target audience likes to eat chicken...Better they stick to kittens.

sheeesh

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
does this mean we now have alley trout? and is it okay to throw them on the grill?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts