scrubbers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bratt2947, Jun 10, 2004.

1. bratt2947

bratt2947 Member

does anyone out there know where we can find the directions to make the crochet scrubbers (out of the net material?)

2. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are crochet? the net scrubbers I have seem are made out of nylon net, it is just gathered and tied at the top.

or do you mean the filet crochet wash cloth's, they are crocheted in small squares with filled in spaces to make the design.

3. bratt2947

bratt2947 Member

I think they are crochet- turn out to be like a round ball- I think the word is tulle that they are made of

4. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

If they end up looking kind of like a puff ball, they are made of the nylon net, tulle is used for wedding veils and such, you can get what you need in the fabric dept of almost any discount store, (like walmart) or in a fabric store (like Hancocks) it is folded/cut to the hight of the "ball" say about 4 inches, and gathered down the middle, very tightly and tied with a strong string, these can be cleaned in the washing mashine with the towels or so forth and last a long time.

I can't remember how many of the scubbers a yard of the net will make. maybe 4 of them?

5. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Hi: I made a ton of those for christmas gifts a couple of years ago. I made them using COTTON yarn and regular netting like they used to make petti coats out of. Cut the netting into one inch strips, it is a pain in the butt but you need to do this. The with your cotton yarn, make a chain of ten and connect it, then for the next row and beyond using both the NETTING AND THE COTTON YARN AT THE SAME TIME chain 3 turn and continue around for this next row with one double in the first space and then two doubles in the next space on around. then chanin 3 and turn and start the third row using the same pattern but tripples. i ususally go back to doubles and then back and forth till i have like four rows or it is a good hand size. also i used size 9 steel hook . hope this helps

6. That wasn't it- But it is a new one the wife wants to try- Thanks so much