Screened porch report

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 4, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    7:16, its supposed to get down to 34 here tonight, the forcasters usually miss it by about 6 degrees either way. The are about as important as the sportscasters. Who cares if Dallas beats Tampa? I don't even know what sport they are talking about. What if San Franscio triumps over Denver, what does this matter to me? Do I get cheaper groceries tomorrow? Cheaper due to the sports team success?

Why do those people get excessive salaries? Millions are often mentioned; what about the little old lady down the street whom has rescued 27 cats, what does she get? No help from the TV crowd, no help from the city, no help as she spends her small pension on cat food, so she can go hungry. Maybe even charged with animal abuse when she stumbles to old age. "Shes down, lets beat her to death" mentality.

Its time for a major past due awakening here, we are Americans, we cover our own, or we did in the past. This is the spirit I was raised in (yanked up by the hair of the head) to understand.

Purity of thought, correctness, most of which have been abandon today; yes, I am older but rest assured I am not yet dead.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Dogs don't eat hay, they eat meat, veggies, and some other things, but not hay. While you may chose to disagree with my posts, that is your choice. But do not disagree without actual facts (links) to support your opinions. Yes, I realize I am on the outside edge of thinking patterns; being PTSD and Aspie I am coming on to your screen under "strike two circumstances", - whats life without a challenge?

3. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

Sometimes I miss sarcasm, but I think you were wrong about the dogs. She threw the hay for bedding, not food. If you were being sarcastic, sorry. Otherwise you were just being mean.

4. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

Ya know there aren't a whole lot of us that were rasied like that left. Glad i'm on the way out

5. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

All readers please realize that I use metaphors and unusual associations in my writings, its just my style of communications. And put some BBQ sauce on that hay, the dogs will enjoy it.

Well, please realize BBQ sauce goes well with hay, straw requires mayonaise...

Needed to straighten that out..

6. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon? :baby04:

7. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

I for one recognized your joke about the hay moopups.....I also for one recognized the fact that you werent kidding about the Pulling you up by the hair. :grump: I agree we need to get back to helping our neighbor and giving old folks a hand. I do try every day to do something for someone. It can be small or big, it still goes a long way to making someones day better. I have one place I give money consistantly and thats the paralized veterans of America. Is this a good thing? Is my money going where it should?

8. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Suz, I can't say yea or nay on your question, I have no info on these orginazations.

9. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I am a Viet Nam veteran on a pension because of a heart condition. But that is not the reason for the PTSD, its the Adrenalin 'washes' that go through the brain at the time of excessive stress, these cause the destruction of the standard pathways of thoughts. New pathways must be internally installed , usually within a half second, within the brain. As you are issuing a 200 round fire fight, or down in cover of one.

PTSD is also found in victims of various incidents, all not pleasant. Vehicle collisions, assaults, ect.

Aspie, Aspergers Syndrome, a brain miss wireing that does not allow me to have specified emotions, in the love /hate areas, in my case. A condition found in the mid 1990's for the first time. Its always been here, but the people whom have it were thought to be 'peculiar' or 'strange' before its discovery.

My excessively dry humor is a bit hard for a new person to understand, I meant no static or harm. Never take me seriously, that is unless you want too.