Homesteading Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, boys and girls, wanna play a little game?

A few years back (in a soap forum long, long ago) I hosted a swap of a different type. It was a comparison of oils; I posted several recipes and everyone selected one they wanted to use (or submitted one of their own for approval). They then made their soap and sent the bars to me.

No color, no fragrance...just plain old soap.

I gave each recipe a number, then sent a sample of each bar back to the participants to use and enjoy. They had to report back on which soaps they prefered and which soaps they didn't like much at all; basically, rate them in order of preference and tell why.

It was a very revealing test, and people were just a bit shocked at the results, to say the least. Some soaps used high end oils, others had high percentages of inexpensive oils. Some used tap water, others used purified. Some soaps developed DOS and had everyone guessing what the common denominator might have been...and you'd never guess what it was!

So what I'm proposing here is to once again give this type of swap a go. I'm reading a lot of your posts extolling the virtues of one type of oil over another, and how you like this oil and not that oil...and I'm wondering just how many of you can actually tell the difference if you don't know what's in that little bar of soap?

Let's say, the first 15 soapers, or one week from today (that would be the 25th of July, dearies), whichever comes first, will be the cut off point. After that, I'll post recipes and you can select which one you'd like to do. And after that, I'll give you two weeks to get 'er done and ship them to me. Sound like a plan?

Let the sign ups begin (edited to add: in the Forum Swap section). :)

1) Tracey (kesoaps)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.