Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A school first told students not to honor the first responders from 9/11/2001 and then SUSPENDED them for carrying American flags. I have phone the district and left a message. The central office number is 513 899 2264.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Yeah, not too far from me. Hit my FB and was already running hot and heavy against the school district. They seemed surprised their decisions got this much play and negative reaction.
The Morrow, Ohio, high school released the following statement to Fox 19: "Little Miami is saddened to see this story take such a negative turn. While we understand these students' desire (to) show their support of first responders, they did not obtain permission from district officials. Administrators must act when students break the rules.

Thing is -- it was 9/11, they asked and were told no, their Dad's are respectively a firefighter and a police officer. You can't get permission from the District if the District says no - so they figured they were going to honor their parents & firefighters & officers that served during 9/11 anyway. Once people heard about it, it was never going to go well for the school -- Big DUMBASS move on their parts (IMHO).

Yep, they're un-suspended. Little Miami football players reinstated after flag suspension

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
It doesn't seem the district admins have a lot of sensitivity going on.
They were saddened to see the story take a negative response? What did they expect?
Two kids with fathers who are firefighters/LEO on 911....
I'm going to go out on a limb and note that while the school is taking a proverbial beating over this, there is as yet, no looting, fires, vandalism or mostly peaceful violence taking place.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
and they learned!

On Friday, the team took the field against Loveland for the first time since Williams and Bentley ran onto the field with the flags.

This time around, Little Miami walked out with an American flag and a school flag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts