Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to scent your soap? Do you use essential oils or fragrance oils? What's the difference? How much do you add and when? Best supplier?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Beeman, have you ever been to www.soapdish.com? Good site, lots of discussion on EO's and FO's. They even have a forum dedicated to scents. I use both in my soaps. I have an Orange/mint EO soap that everyone likes and my favorite FO is Sandlewood. I've used a bunch of other FO's and none appeal to me. You just have to try certain things you might like. www.naturesgardencandles.com has 1 oz. bottles of all their scent for an inexpensive try out. I did this last summer got 10 1 oz. bottles for $27 included shipping. That's enough for 20 batches of soap the way I make it.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check it out. How big of a batch do you make and how much FO do you add and when?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I only make 1 lb blender batches and use 3 5ml dropper loads of scent. That's about 1/2 oz of scent. I use the dropper because it's way less messy to handle the scent that way. Also www.wholesalesupplyplus.com is a good place also. Check out www.soapdish.com, if you register tell'em Donk sent ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts