Sawz all blade prices

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by moopups, Aug 6, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Yesterday I needed some metal cutting sawz all blades to disassemble some useable large wood pallets, I went to the local family owned, but has virtually everything that ever existed, hardware store and got quoted $6.00 per blade. I declined to purchase and went to the local big box store and got 10 blades for just over $12.00. What do these blades cost in your area? 14 tpi, 9 inch length.

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Were these bimetalic blades at both stores? Those are all that I buy. I stop by the local pawnshop weekly and often they have saws that were brought in that are still in their original carrying cases and in those cases are misc. blades. The pawnshop owner says that the extra blades do not generate any income when sold with the saw. I just scrounge through the blades and select the useable ones and pay a few dollars for them. In times when I do not have blades and have to buy I get them at the wholesale plumbing supply and a pack of blades as you described is around $6 for 5 blades.

3. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

what brand? if the local store had lenox, but the box store had non brnad cheapies you are going to sopend more in blades, and gas to get mor blade by using the cheapies. Peopl who buy price always get junk

4. Wildtim

Wildtim Well-Known Member

I also have noticed a huge difference in price between the local hardware and the big boxes in these and other blades. They are the same blade and brandjust different prices. The inly reason I can think of is that the big box is trying to bring in the professional customer with low prices on disposable items like blades and hoping they will make it back when he orders a truckload of lumber. We just benefit if we are willing to buy the big multipacks and keep the rust off the extras untill we are ready for them.