Saving Babies

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Anataq, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

Pam and I are supporting the March of Dimes WalkAmerica to help in the fight against premature birth. Please help us save babies. Donate a little, do your good deed for the year. http://www.walkamerica.org/PamWarren Read more below...

Thanks everyone,
    Anataq
    www.pawcreekhomestead.com

Did you know that premature birth is the leading cause of new born death in the first month of life? It affects 1,305 babies a day in the United States. Those who survive may have lifelong health problems. And premature births are on the rise -- up to 27% since 1981.

That is why I am asking you to support me in March of Dimes WalkAmerica. Because premature birth can happen to any pregnant woman. In nearly half the cases, the causes are unknown. The March of Dimes is leading the way to find answers by supporting research into the causes of premature birth. I am joining the fight, and so can you.

Your support helps fund:
    -Research into stress and other factors that may trigger preterm labor.
    -Programs to educate pregnant women to recognize the warning signs of preterm labor.
    -Tools to help health care providers find better ways to detect women who may be at risk for preterm labor.

Please join in and help fight prematurity. Visit my webpage and sponsor me in the Walk that saves babies!

Thank You!
    My personal web page address for donations is ...

http://www.walkamerica.org/PamWarren
    Click Now to sponsor me for WalkAmerica 2005!

2. HippyChick

HippyChick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post.

Some of us who are old enough remember their drive for money to combat polio. The March of Dimes is a good place to spend your charitable giving. :)

3. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

Ok everyone... This is a great charity, hope someone will sponcer Pam on her walk to save premature children. Even if you can't afford to donate, post on this thread to keep it visible for a while. Premature birth can happen to any pregnant woman, lets all pitch in if we're able.

Pam is going to carry Riley on the six and a half mile walk in his little backpack. I will post some pictures here of the event after it takes place April 30th.

Sincerely,
    Anataq

4. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

We've got a few, but have a long way to go to our goal... sure hope we raise a lot of money for the children.

-Anataq