Savanna Goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by effboergoats, Jan 18, 2007.

1. effboergoats

effboergoats Well-Known Member

ok can anybody tell me anything about these goats? I have never heard of them. I have the chance to buy a couple of does that are boer/savanna. What do ya'll think?

2. Tam319

Tam319 Well-Known Member

Howdy,

Last Sunday I bought a herd 26 of 3/4 Savanna 1/8 Boer 1/8 Spanish does. I love em! I've heard great things about the breed. They are apparently hardy, good mothers, and have great feet. My group does seem to have great feet, and also have been thriving during this cold Canadian winter w/o grain supplementation and they are still chubby. Will let you know as to how they do in the mothering dept once they start kidding. Everyone I've spoke to has been very happy with the breed and says they mother up quickly and provide well for their kids which is ideal for meat goats. Run a search on the internet and you'll get some general info on the breed.

All the best,
    Tam

3. effboergoats

effboergoats Well-Known Member

Thank you. I would love to see some pics if you have any. I have the chance to buy a couple does in March for $100 each. From everything I have read on the net they sound great. Anybody else???

4. chazzmo

chazzmo New Member

www.drycreekranch.com i have checked out the site and saved it; but have not been yet waiting for better weather. hope this helps.