Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use either of these for health purposes. I mean, do you have one in your home or on your property?

Although I know about the native Indians using it for spiritual purposes as well as health benefits, I'm not interested in the spiritual side. I have that settled. I am wondering if anyone uses one of these for health benefits on a regular basis at your home.

Now, the question comes in, since I can't afford to build a sauna and I really am not going to go outside in below zero weather to hop into a sweat lodge naked, I am wondering if getting my bathroom all steamed up with the tub (since I don't have a shower either), if this would work similarly. Probably not quite as good, I'm sure, but what do you think?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Steaming up the bathroom for an hour soak and cleansing is great for your health. It purges out all the toxins from the body. Add a few eclyptus drops and it will help with breathing as well. I wouldn't worry about mold if you let the air flow into the bathroom when you are done. It's not as if you are keeping every surface in the bathroom wet for ever. Just let it air out. I love doing this!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Our family was poisoned from a fuel oil spill back in '96 (hydrocarbon poisoning). The best thing we found to help rid the body of the toxins was using a sauna. It took 3-6 months before we noticed any major results.

If you're money strapped I'd go with the hot (er..very warm) bath. I pour a couple cups of epsom salt in the water also. And make sure you drink lots of water to replenish what you lost. They advise against this if you have any heart problems...fyi. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I used a sauna at a friends house for a couple years and noticed that it gave me more stamina since my heart would start pumping like I was exercising. My hearts in good shape to do this. I then bought a blow up sauna that you sit in off Ebay for about a 100.00. That is a steam sauna. It works the same as a regular sauna in my analyzing. I think though that a hot bath tub can get the same results as any other sauna. My friend had a really hot, hot tub and a big freezer filled with Ice water and we'd go from the hot tub to the freezer. Now that was interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts