Saturday Night Visitor

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mpillow, Jun 4, 2005.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmmm....the animal control officer just visited me....while I went out to take food from the broilers.....

Usually I'm asleep by now but I'm running late tonite with no one to help....so I have a long driveway and saw him coming and had I not had the feeder in my hand....and had I been in bed I'd have met him with a pistol....he is deputized as well....YIKES!

Anyway he was looking for a neighbor not me but he had to tell me about his horse and goat....and of course make of Lily Pup (who is not licensed :rolleyes: ). I dont think he noticed....

Can you imagine the trouble I'd have gotten into with a .22 pistol on him???? And yeah I'm a bit jumpy after being threatened by a psychotic student, which I left my job over.....

2. AKvsAR

AKvsAR New Member

So you're saying you would of got prosecuted for having a .22 pistol on you while on your own property? Maybe I read your post wrong.

3. emke

emke Well-Known Member

I don't feel you would have gotten in trouble for meeting him with a pistol in hand. You were on your property, and had recently been threatened. It isn't as if you would have shot first and asked questions later, is it?

I always carry my pistol outside when I go to the hen house. One too many snakes in there to suit me. If someone happens to drive up when I have it on me, that is tough tooty. If they can't understand country living and the need for firearms then they have no business coming out there anyway.

Oh, and if he didn't say anything about your dog not being licensed, then he probably won't even bring it up again. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

4. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

One time I had to call the sheriff because someone had jimmied the lock on my front door while I was home alone with the kids (in the middle of the night).
    When the sheriff FINALLY showed up, two hours later, I answered the door with a shotgun in my hand. He just held his hands up and said, "Don't shoot!". I told him that I didn't know who he was, then put the gun in the bedroom. I didn't get in any trouble.

5. texican

texican Well-Known Member

I've met.........

the game warden's with a shotgun and .44

the constable with a .40 in one hand and a .44 in the other

the sheriffs deputy with a shotgun

a texas ranger with a .44

No trouble with any of them...once they identified themselves.......they understood the 'end of the road' dilemma and strangers driving up.......

also met the bad guys with weapons of mass destruction..... :haha: :haha: :haha: and let them know that unauthorized "JUST LOOKING AROUND" wasn't permitted.....the several layers of no trespassing signs, in several languages, and the universal language (trespassing doll hanging by small rope) didn't apply to them, cause they's jus' lookin'..............and as a joke, usually ask them for their address...when they ask why...tell em I'm gonna be over to their house this next week after dark, driving around in their back yard, spotlighting, whatever...but it'll be alright with them, right???, cause I'll be "JUST LOOKING AROUND!!!....about that time the little bitty light bulb goes off above their heads.... :haha:

6. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Oh ya you sound like my hubby!!! But heck you have to be like that now days