Satellites to keep an eye on EU's farmers (Who's next???)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by seedspreader, Nov 26, 2004.

1. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Satellites to keep an eye on EU's farmers

EU wants to make sure their farmers are being "good"

Coming soon to a city-state near you...

Burn your trash? Is it enviromentally safe? What will the Eye in the Sky say?

NNNNNIIIICCCCCEEEEEEE huh?

I can see it now, does your homestead REALLY qualify for your local tax break? Are you raising too much livestock for only your consumption? YOU MUST BE SELLING IT! Hmmm, do you have your license.

Sorta scary.

2. antiquestuff

antiquestuff Well-Known Member

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!Now, what do those who have dismissed us "crazy" conspiracy people have to say now?
    Next, us, then, the chips............. :eek:
    Can you say Orwell???? :eek:

3. ed/IL

ed/IL Well-Known Member

It is to check on farm subsidy cheats. "Everyone wants to know how much fraud there is," says Bill Duncan, who is responsible for administering EU support at England's Rural Payments Agency. If you want the money you have to follow these rules or loose subsity. Sounds fair to me.

4. antiquestuff

antiquestuff Well-Known Member

Tell me something........do YOU want the government watching your every move with sattelites to make sure you don't cheat on your taxes?
    Don't you see the problem with this? It IS an invasion of privacy....a SERIOUS case of "Big Brother"
    NOT very reasonable to me. Maybe we should have a poll of how many people here want the government watching what hey do at home?
    See, we don't need government cameras in our homes, we got satellites to do the job..........and people don't SEE that they are being watched!

5. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Most infringement on personal rights starts with good intentions and sounds reasonable. Sort of like the "internment" camps during WWII where we put all those silly "orientals" (said facecioutsly) into camps to "protect them". We treated them so poorly for their own "good". I Don't want the govt. looking out for my own good, because inevitably it will turn into bad for me, just like it did for those poor Asian Americans.

If you want to audit me and my taxes that is fine, just don't spy on me.