Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah Palin was on The Today Show being interviewed by Matt Lauer. She was on to promote her book she is writing (surprise) :rolleyes:. Anyway, while talking to Matt, she said two different people had exploited her.

The first one was Tina Faye (Saturday Night Live performer who acted as Sarah Palin). Sarah complains that one thing Tina commented on was "I believe marriage is sacred between two unwilling pregnant teenagers'. (This of course referred to Sarah's daughter.) I'm not quite sure how exactly Tina Faye exploited Sarah. Yes, she dressed up and acted just like her - and in fact, when side by side it was hard to figure out who exactly the real Sarah Palin was! - but for the most part it was an exact imitation of what Sarah had done that week while campaigning. Sarah complains she got exploited, but yet Sarah was on Saturday Night Live promoting herself as Vice Presidential material, all the while laughing at the jokes made at her expense. (Yet Sarah was exploited.)

The second person to exploit Sarah was Katie Couric. Apparently during the infamous "What newspapers do you read?" question presented by Couric, Sarah kind of bumbled, fumbled, and mumbled an answer of "Well all of them . . . . " When Couric continued wanted to know specifics, Sarah bumbled, fumbled, and mumbled more and really didn't answer the question. When Matt asked Sarah why she didn't answer the question , she explained that she thought it was a rude and silly question thinking Couric was asking her "So, what do you read (up there in Alaska)?"

Then of course, Sarah was whining about Caroline Kennedy seeking the Senate seat, saying the media would treat her with kid gloves, while they didn't do the same for Palin.

Huh? You want to run for Vice President of the United States yet you say two people have exploited you and the media was harsher on you than they will be on Caroline. You don't want anyone to make fun or joke about you (or imitate you), but yet you are running for a public office where you and your family are exposed in a goldfish bowl. You want the media to "be nice to me and don't ask me the hard questions", yet you are running for Vice President?

WHAT?!?

I think Palin has ruined her chances (whatever chance she DID have) for running in 2012. And before you think, "He's just didn't like the McCain/Palin ticket." - well, you are right there. But I don't like the Obama/Biden ticket any better!!!

What do you think? Has Sarah Palin been exploited by Tina Faye & Katie Couric?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Sure she was exploited, just like everyone else in politics who may be the least bit controversial or different from the mainstream candidates. Her main difference was that she is a beautiful woman, and that made her a target.

As to ruining her chances for 2012 or beyond, no way.

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Who cares?
Isn't that the truth~ Whining & playing the victim seems like it would be less than politically beneficial, but hey let her knock herself out. :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Exploited? No, except maybe by the Republican Party. Belittled and made fun of? Of course. She's was running for vice president. What candidate hasn't been made fun of and belittled.

As for Tina Feys comment, 'I believe marriage is sacred between two unwilling pregnant teenagers', what did she really expect. She is a pro-life, abstinance only, right-wing Christian with a pregnant teenage daughter, who is running for vice president. Not that I have anything against her for any of these things, but really, did she think that wouldn't be subject for comedians and general public scrutiny?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Uh, comedians make fun of everything from pimps and crack fiends to politicians. It's how they get paid.

And Katie Couric? She's not the one who bashed you Mrs. Palin, she asked you a few questions. The ridicule came from EVERYONE ELSE who thought you were little better than the newspaper you were printed on. Your failure to answer the question to the appeal of the public and media was what got you in that hole, don't blame someone else for your failings :p

·
Premium Member
16,652 Posts
Exploited? No, except maybe by the Republican Party. Belittled and made fun of? Of course. She's was running for vice president. What candidate hasn't been made fun of and belittled.

As for Tina Feys comment, 'I believe marriage is sacred between two unwilling pregnant teenagers', what did she really expect. She is a pro-life, abstinance only, right-wing Christian with a pregnant teenage daughter, who is running for vice president. Not that I have anything against her for any of these things, but really, did she think that wouldn't be subject for comedians and general public scrutiny?
Obama wasn't made fun of because according to him, everything was off limits. From his ears to his wife's mis-spoken words.

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
Her main difference was that she is a beautiful woman, and that made her a target.

As to ruining her chances for 2012 or beyond, no way.
She was beautiful? LoL

How about - her ineptitude made her a target? Her lack of experience, her being thrown in way above her head, etc made her a target, and frankly she didnt help herself one bit there.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Not exploited I'd say she was exposed! LOL She needs to learn proper english!

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Obama wasn't made fun of because according to him, everything was off limits. From his ears to his wife's mis-spoken words.
Obama wasn't made fun of - much - because there's really nothing funny about him.

Palin? I'm not going there here in CF. :)

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
This is a topic for General Chat. Exploit means "use" And she was exploited. Tomorrow we will exploit our truck, and take it on a trip, making it do the work of carrying us and our gear.

She was exploited by the people she mentioned, and then she was abused by the McCain team, who made up stories and released them to the press. But she carried McCain for a while, and until the creeps with long knives came out of the woodwork, she bolstered his ratings.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
:Bawling: Poor helpless Sarah.:Bawling: And she wanted to be VP?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts