Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Slick"
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't make this up.

http://www.abqjournal.com/487296/ab...eputy-shoots-kills-another-in-las-cruces.html

LAS CRUCES – A Santa Fe County deputy shot and killed another Santa Fe County deputy at a hotel in Las Cruces, according to Las Cruces Police spokesperson Danny Trujillo.
Deputy Jeremy Martin, 29, was pronounced dead at a Las Cruces hospital, while the shooter — identified by his attorney as 27-year-old Tai Chan — was being questioned by police Tuesday morning.
Police say the two deputies were taking a prisoner to Arizona, and were returning through Las Cruces where they rented a room at Hotel Encanto around 4 p.m. Monday. That night they went to Dublin’s Street Pub, a local bar, where police say the two started arguing. “It’s believed they consumed alcohol,” reads a release from the Las Cruces Police Department. The argument escalated when they returned to their seventh floor hotel room, and that’s when police say the shooter fired several rounds from a semi-automatic gun at Martin, who was trying to escape by running to the elevator.
I suppose this is simply another example of why the general public distrusts the Police. They are not better or more upright than the public, and in fact tend towards corruption.

Also, note the mention of alcohol involvement. Just another reason I don't [and have never] drank alcohol, and why I don't like to be around people who do. Adds risk to life.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Something tells me the cop probably doesn't even remember shooting the other cop... Liquor is a bad drug... and they say pot is the devils weed...

Reactions: Pearl B

·
"Slick"
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, marijuana is not as dangerous as alcohol, and should be treated the same. I would like to see public whippings come back though, seems like pain would be a more effective deterrent than prison for criminal activity done under the influence.

not that I use any of the substances above, nor caffeine. just foolish to depend on those to get thru the day.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,912 Posts
Alcohol releases inhibitions, but it doesn't put something inside you that wasn't already there. Just lets it loose.

So you would think that the personality test or whatever psychological evaluation their dept. does might be lacking.

·
Wait................what?
2,257 Posts
Alcohol releases inhibitions, but it doesn't put something inside you that wasn't already there. Just lets it loose.

So you would think that the personality test or whatever psychological evaluation their dept. does might be lacking.

I don't think it is. I think they are getting just what they are looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts