San Clemente Goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Celtic Herritag, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Celtic Herritag

Celtic Herritag Celtic Heritage Farms

Looling for a rather rare breed of meat goats, San Clementes goats. Has anyone seen these around or in California?

2. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

It will be hard finding any. I think they are mostly owned privately. These are EXTREMELY rare. Expect to pay ALOT for them if you do find some for sale to the public. If you do find a breeder, ill bet many people here would be interested in the going price of these, so post info on the breeder if you do find one!! (I have a friend interested in them for a while now)
    Thanks!

3. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

4. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

SCI brings back some good memories. SCI used to be one of my favorite target ranges during the Regan 80's. SCI goats? Yup saw them ... but it was through my FLIR screen and only until the detonation, then I saw them no more. We DID NOT target them, but they always seemed to like the target area more then the protected area.

The tree huggers used to sneak out there and attempt to tether themselves to the goats and donkeys in an attempt to protect them. But once the first ordnance hit the deck the hippies were usually seen being dragged all over the north side. Hilarious!