Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Aunt Sally has decided that she doesn't love those of us who are white folk. We're all privileged, and we all abuse people of color.

Seems to me that the Salvation Army is going to lose a lot of money this year.

I know that I won't be putting anything into the kettle this year.

As we head into Christmas, the Salvation Army has gone full “woke” by demanding more than money from white donors, as they also want a “sincere apology” for their racism.

Leadership in the Salvation Army has embraced the ideologies that are pushed by the Black Lives Matter movement by launching the “International Social Justice Commission,” which has since created a “resource” to educate its white donors, volunteers, and staffers that they call Let’s Talk about Racism.

This “resource” states that because Christianity is inherently racist, white Christians owe “a sincere apology” to blacks for being “antagonistic…to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community.”

·
STILL not Alice
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, who would have thought it the salvation army is racist.
I cannot tell you how thoroughly upset and disgusted I am.

When my grandmother was a little girl, there was no money for Christmas, and great-grandpa had a tendency to drink too much, which made meager resources even slimmer.

Aunt Sally made sure they had food, clothing, and the children all got toys. Grandma often spoke of the special doll she received (long since lost).

Because of that, I always supported Salvation Army.

No more.

There are racists of all colors: white, black, yellow, red. And it seems that racists are also Salvation Army color.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I cannot tell you how thoroughly upset and disgusted I am.

When my grandmother was a little girl, there was no money for Christmas, and great-grandpa had a tendency to drink too much, which made meager resources even slimmer.

Aunt Sally made sure they had food, clothing, and the children all got toys. Grandma often spoke of the special doll she received (long since lost).

Because of that, I always supported Salvation Army.

No more.

There are racists of all colors: white, black, yellow, red. And it seems that racists are also Salvation Army color.
Try not to be so easily swayed by an opinion piece on a clearly slanted source (which was hard to navigate with multiple pop ups wanting money for right wing causes).
SA does plenty of good. And that's coming from someone with zero faith in religious entities....

·
Registered
11,741 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Try not to be so easily swayed by an opinion piece on a clearly slanted source (which was hard to navigate with multiple pop ups wanting money for right wing causes).
SA does plenty of good. And that's coming from someone with zero faith in religious entities....
Once again someone disputes the information provided because it comes from a source that doesn't align with their worldview.

Ignoring, of course, that no news source in alignment with their worldview would ever report this news even if it were true.

And the someone comes along with the proof from SA itself that the original news source is, indeed true.

But I'm sure that will be ignored too, right?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
all I could see in my imagination was the SA opening envelopes and out fall pieces of confetti which turn out to be torn up donation checks with the signature line not included to prevent taping it back together. I did not do this but it's what happened in my imagination when I read the various news reports confirming this.

·
newfieannie
10,192 Posts
haven't supported them for many years, i wont bother to go into why though. i was born in it and as far back as i can remember and gp,ggp and on and on. many of my relatives are preachers. i wouldn't give them 5 cents. ~Georgia

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Looks like Aunt Sally has decided that she doesn't love those of us who are white folk. We're all privileged, and we all abuse people of color.

As we head into Christmas, the Salvation Army has gone full “woke” by demanding more than money from white donors, as they also want a “sincere apology” for their racism.

Leadership in the Salvation Army has embraced the ideologies that are pushed by the Black Lives Matter movement by launching the “International Social Justice Commission,” which has since created a “resource” to educate its white donors, volunteers, and staffers that they call Let’s Talk about Racism.

This “resource” states that because Christianity is inherently racist, white Christians owe “a sincere apology” to blacks for being “antagonistic…to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community.”
After 3 years combat retured to Ca. for 1 more year in military. The

Salvation Army is the only one i support and donate money and time to. For years they hve gaven people a place to sleep and food to eat. Our local one does a lot of good for homeless folks. Much better place then local nursing homes which i have donated time to also.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
After 3 years combat retured to Ca. for 1 more year in military. The
Salvation Army is the only one i support and donate money and time to. For years they hve gaven people a place to sleep and food to eat. Our local one does a lot of good for homeless folks. Much better place then local nursing homes which i have donated time to also.
And now they will likely have fewer resources to work with. It's a damn shame. I won't be donating anymore. As far as I'm concerned they can shove that red bucket up their collective hiney hole.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I read that opinion piece carefully.
Nowhere did I see anything DEMANDED of anyone. The headline is clearly written to inflame.
I actually went to the link and read what was there.
What I read was biblically based, which is what a Christian organization should be.
The Salvation Army does good work locally with alcoholics and drug addicts who want help. I fully support that over those who get rich in the treatment industry.
I will continue to donate money just as I always have. Without apologizing for any personal behavior. The Lord knows what's in my heart already.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts