Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In memoriam
79,016 Posts
Ive never heard of it being used in cats. A couple of Google searches didnt turn up any referrences to it at all for felines

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
It's not technically approved for cats, but has been used. The dose is 50mg/kg daily for 5 days.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Gee making *me* think too!

10% suspension=100mg/ml

so 50 mg/kg = 1/2 cc per kg = 1/2 cc per 2.2 pounds.

Yep your math looks right to me, Ross.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
This is the liquid. Paste comes in 10% also which is 100mg/g of paste. You would need a way to measure how much a gram is.

·
Ridge Runner
253 Posts
I know this is a big bump but anyone know as of yet exactly how paste do you give them?
A little on your finger and let them lick it off or is it more like the amount on the toothbrush in those paper ads?

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
yep, I can see trying to shove that down my cats throat for 5 days strait, anyone own stock in band aid?
I use the safe guard powder sometimes for the dogs, and find it easier to mix it into a tablespoon of wet food, thought I would share that just in case some one had as much trouble as I would. I dont use a whole can bacause I cant be sure that it all gets ate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.