safe corner of Maine

Discussion in 'Survival & Emergency Preparedness' started by rickfrosty, Mar 2, 2017.

1. rickfrosty

rickfrosty RF in Western Mtns.of ME Supporter

N.W. corner of ME by both NH, & Quebec border.
    100 acres to share in excellent location in the great 'outback' of Maine surrounded by fertile hayfields and a big navigable trout river on one side and other large forested parcels on the others (has it's own small trout stream too). Firewood for life, berries, game, permaculture (as well as regular farming), aquaponics, off and on grid, some jobs possible nearby, but township only has 400 people (and no zoning).
    This is not any kind of farm at present, but (affordable) 'selectively cut' hardwood land that is very defensible - so much work is needed, but I do have an excavator, dump truck, and loader, as well as tools, equipment, and skill as a lifelong carpenter and builder to develop this project .
    Good, easy-going, capable (non-flake) partners needed, but probably must start with one of the female persuasion first, then go from there .

kinnb likes this.
  2. wdcutrsdaughter

wdcutrsdaughter Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Good luck!

3. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

welcome back rick - don't see you posting much anymore.

Good luck on your new endeavor . Did you buy the property?

4. rickfrosty

Thank you .
    My step-dad was a wood cutter too , among other things .
    In Maine it's 'whatever it takes', right ?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. rickfrosty

Thank you, I bought the big land 4 yrs ago, finished paying for it 2 1/2 yrs ago, and have been trying to finish everything here on the mini farm that required the excavator before getting it hauled to the other land. Can't do much down there without that.
    Here I finally finished 3 big garden terraces (won't be any place to garden down below for a while), a culvert to better drain what can be a small pasture here, and with 14 loads of fill widened my driveway at a place where I can have a farm stand later to sell organics to the rich summer folks here . Also have had to repair a few things on the 'ex' and it's hard to get mechanical help to work right here, can't drive it to the garage or tow it, so that took a maddeningly long time.
    One problem I had was falling into what I have recently heard described as 'heroin love' !
    No, didn't get addicted to smack, but got a hurtful addiction to the wrong woman - very unstable. Very loving for awhile and then 'unavailable', back and forth, so I was like all weak on account of that. There's another word you can use, but if you put it in print you might be helping the storm troopers take your weapons, you know ?
    I hope to be able to hit the site work down there hard this summer .
    Right now enjoying the tail end of a real old fashioned winter - but still warmer than back in the days of yore .

6. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

So sorry for your lost love. I too have experienced loving the wrong person...totally sucks. Hope you get lots done on your land this summer- I know I am planning on it down here in the desert!

Attached Files: