Safe cleaner for cement floors under cages?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by AndreaR, Jan 22, 2004.

1. AndreaR

AndreaR Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nontoxic cleaner for my cement floors under rabbit cages? I can't stand using bleach because of my asthma and I worry about the rabbits as well. I have wire cages with trays but the rabbits sometime miss and the floor still gets wet/messy. I sprinkle wood shavings to absorb the moisture but I still need to clean/disinfect the floors once a week when I'm cleaning out the cages. What do you folks use?

2. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

Andrea,

I have been using a product called Vanodine for a couple years. Here is a link.
    http://bunnyrabbit.com/info/vanodine.htm

Do a google search for suppliers key in vanodine. Prices varry so does shipping so look for a suopllier near you. Also a lot of bird places use this, same thing.

3. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

A great organic cleaner is orange oil. I buy TKO brand from the health food store. You can buy it online too. It seems expencive, but it is very concentrated and last along time.

4. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

You can buy 30% food grade Hydrogen peroxide for about $8 a gallon and it will make 9 gallon of the 3% like you buy in the store. It is the best for cleaning cages floors and everything else, even adding to the water. just do a search on h2o2 and livestock, heres one link below, oh be very carefull with it it is extremly strog before dilution, it will blister your skin quickly, alwayse pour the chemical into water never the reverse or it might have a very bad reaction Ray

http://tuberose.com/Hydrogen_Peroxide.html