Sadness. Forced to sell.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by xoxoGOATSxoxo, Sep 18, 2006.

1. xoxoGOATSxoxo

xoxoGOATSxoxo when in doubt, mumble.

So I only have 2 goats now. And I can only breed one, since one is a pet. I didn't really need the others, but they were nice to have. My mother said I had to sell them, and I probably can't keep her next years kids. Now the last one is gone. Its a very sad day.

Remaining goats: Yukiko

and

Rioko (pet)

:( :( :(

2. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

That is sad.

But think of it this way, the goats you have left can be loved on extra special. Next year's kids can find new homes and make someone else happy. We get soooo attached to our goats, because they are so much more like pets than livestock. It is so hard to sell them and it always hurts. Just heap tons of love on the two you still have and spend extra time with them. I'm sure you will more goats in the future and they will bring you joy in years to come. :)

3. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

At one point I had 22 goats which was way more than I needed. I have gradually cut down to only 4 does and now trying to decide weather to get a buck to breed them to, but yes, that means more sweet kids will have to be sold. :Bawling:

4. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Sorry to hear you had to sell your goats. I know it had to be hard to get rid of them but at least you have 2 to enjoy.. It is so easy to get use to having goats either as a friend or a big pet..

5. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Think how many people are going to enjoy your goats. Think of the joy that you have brought (and the feed money you are gonna save!)

6. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

So sorry you have to part with your little goat friends! When you are older, perhaps you will have a dairy farm!