sad news(not goat related though)

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jan 8, 2005.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Azure my blue french angora died today :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: :waa: ...cause unknown. She has always been slightly sick ever since she was a baby but today I found her dead..her full older sister is just fine. I am rather sad about it. Now I only have 1 french angora doe. I am planning on breeding my french angora doe but not right now. Maybe in march. I really need to have a better place for them and stuff. I feel horrid...Azure was tooken off momma at 6 weeks of age which was rather young but the breeder said she would be ok. Guess thats what did her in. I should have left her on momma longer :waa: .

MotherClucker

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Motherclucker,

I'm so sorry! I love my angoras; I'd hate to lose one, especially when you aren't sure what the cause is. Are you having her necropsied to find out? that can be hard, but when you've other animals, it may be best.

Hope things go well with your other doe.

Meg

3. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

OH I am so sorry for you. Each loss is tramatic no matter what. I also would do a nuropsy(sp?) if possible. I don't know as weaning her at 6 wks would be the total problem in this case, especially since her sister is ok. Could be she had something wrong from the start.

4. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Her sister is a older sister from a different litter. I my self think there was something wrong from the very start of things.

MotherClucker

5. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

sounds like she just wasn't strong from the start. I am sorry for your loss.