rv hot water heater

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by bryon huff, Jun 16, 2006.

1. bryon huff

bryon huff Well-Known Member

fired up my hot water heater but it did not sounded right so I went out to look and it has a yellow flame not burning right like a bug or somthing stuck should try to clean

2. JackDeePeyton

JackDeePeyton Well-Known Member

Hey Bryon huff

Had the same problem this last week with my RV. What I found was alot of run in and round the jets. I just used a air compressor and blew all that trash out. Worked fine after that. Best of Luck.

3. bryon huff

did you take yours apart or was it in the buner tube

4. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Look for nests or such in that heating tube the flame goes through.You just clean em out in the rv,no need to remove.just make the flame area clean and you should be fine.

BooBoo

5. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

I have many times found spider nest or egg sacks in the air horn of LP equiptment that has not been used regulary,

clean it out, some time a wire with a small hook bent on it will grab it and pull it out, or air compressor,

good luck on the unit,

6. JackDeePeyton

JackDeePeyton Well-Known Member

bryon huff

Sorry I have not answered you sooner. Yes my, problem was located around the tube area.........I probably should have taken it completely apart, but took the easy way out. Actually, I think "farmhandyman" had a better idea.

Best of luck

7. bryon huff

got it working yes there was a bug nest thanks for the help nearest dealer is 200 miles away with a sevice truck

8. chuckhole

chuckhole Born city, love country

They are also pretty easy to remove if you have to. I replaced mine once before - LP/110VAC 6gal unit. All there is to it is a couple of water lines, LP gas line and a power line if it is a dual power unit. All of the screws that hold the outside door in place is also what holds the unit in. It just slides out after you remove the screws and break the caulk seal.