Rutledge, MO fleamarket this weekend!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Dawndra, May 12, 2005.

1. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I'll be there!!!

Northeast Missouri people.. do you know about this??? It's the BIGGEST fleamarket I've ever been to! You should stop at the menonite store in the town & stock up on baking goods & spices, too!!!

www.rutledgefleamarket.com

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

From the aerial photograph, you should plan on spending a full weekend and strongly consider renting a golf cart. This one is HUGE.

Ken Scharabok

3. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to go in June. I hope to find rabbit cages. I have never been before. Their website says they have an auction, maybe I'll gather up some "junk" and bring it along. If you have been before, what kind of things did you find?

4. BikerChick

BikerChick Active Member

My husband and I have been going to Rutledge for several years now, and it is like no other flea market I can think of.

A golf cart or ATV is definitely the only way to get around, but bring your own because my husband thinks the rental fee is around $35 for 3 hours. I'm not certain because we always haul our own, and the man running the concession stand told us this a couple of years ago. On the other hand, if you choose to hike it, you can avoid the gym for the rest of the week.

The auctions that I've seen there (held at noon in the orginal food stand) have featured knives, guns, fly swatters, and dog collars (dogs attached). If you've got misc. junk to sell, why not just set up there starting on Friday morning of the 2nd weekend of the month?

Since Irvin died, the family/new owners have made several improvements to the place--new gravel for the roads, some of the seriously decrepid shacks have come down, etc. Not quite as colorful as it and its people used to be, but still A LOT OF FUN.

5. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I went... I saw... I bought stuff!

I got 4 new cookie cutters (total is up to 176 now)

a really cool jar/canister for 50 cents!!!

a new serving bowl/mixing bowl for $1

a wild columbine plant $7

and some other stuff that I can't remember right now...

We walk the whole time... don't rent carts or bring atv's... in my opinion, there are WAY too many down there & it's mainly a traffic jam with people who don't know how to drive them around people. I about got ran over 3 times yesterday.

6. johnston_jeremy

johnston_jeremy New Member

Hi there Jeremy Johnston here one of the owners of the Rutledge Flea Market. Just stumbled across this forum. Stop by and see me the next time you are there.

7. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

Wool! will do! where do I find you at? in the red house at the main gate?