Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. It's Cody's birthday on Monday and I need some gift ideas. (Aside from a gun please). He has been fishing all summer using regular bait he can find around the house, building his own traps for crawfish, etc... so what could I get him in the hunting department that might help him continue to hunt without a gun. For example, he likes to set snares for rabbits. He says he wants to get good at hunting things that everyone will overlook when they are all out trying to get their deer in a "SHTF" situation. Any ideas? He already has snare wire...LOL Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Gift card to the sporting goods store of his choice.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Get a Fir Fish and Game Magazine. In it is order blanks for books on snares, trapping, hunting ect. Just look at the ads. Also as said above get a gift card.
Or. If you don't have a cabelas or bass pro shop. Get a catalog from them. And tell him "Order (whatever your amount is) , and honey it's on me! I just hate it when my wife hands me that darn catalog. And tells me that. I still remember when she did that the first time. It was 12 years ago. About a month and a half before hunting season. As we didn't have any decent stores in wyoming at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts