Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
US aggression in Ukraine provoked Russia
What US aggression specifically? Is that why your boy annexed Crimea in 2014? It is pretty darn obvious Russia wants all of Ukraine. Their crappy military just can't do it. They can shell cities and civilian infrastructure from afar and otherwise kill/kidnap civilians, but that is not an effective strategy.
Just as in the Arab Spring, the CIA and state department fomented the uprising in Ukraine that deposed the elected President.

I provided 2 things I believe are factual.
1. US aggression in Ukraine provoked Russia​
2. The US could have prevented the war, but chose not to​
You chose to ignore both of them.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
US aggression in Ukraine provoked Russia
Just as in the Arab Spring, the CIA and state department fomented the uprising in Ukraine that deposed the elected President.

I provided 2 things I believe are factual.
1. US aggression in Ukraine provoked Russia​
2. The US could have prevented the war, but chose not to​
You chose to ignore both of them.
No, I asked you to define specifically what US aggression re: Ukraine you are referring to, which you didn't answer
As to the US being able to prevent the war, precisely how could we have prevented it.

You are just grasping around talking points provided by the RT.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
No, I asked you to define specifically what US aggression re: Ukraine you are referring to, which you didn't answer
As to the US being able to prevent the war, precisely how could we have prevented it.

You are just grasping around talking points provided by the RT.
As I said, I believe them to be factually accurate so prove them wrong.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
28,262 Posts
What I believe and what I believe to be the truth are not necessarily the same.

What do you believe the US would do if Russia interfered in Mexico to the extent the US interfered in Ukraine?
I asked a very simple question. You either believe Putin has the right to take parts of Ukraine or he does not. All other discussion proceeds after that. Will you answer or will you obfuscate?

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
As I said, I believe them to be factually accurate so prove them wrong.
So, to summarize your "thoughts" on the matter. The US provoked Russia to invade Ukraine, but you don't know what the provocation was. The US could have prevented the conflict, but you don't know how.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
So, to summarize your "thoughts" on the matter. The US provoked Russia to invade Ukraine, but you don't know what the provocation was. The US could have prevented the conflict, but you don't know how.
The way it works is I throw out my hypothesis and if you don't agree with it, either refute it or ignore it.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
I asked a very simple question. You either believe Putin has the right to take parts of Ukraine or he does not. All other discussion proceeds after that. Will you answer or will you obfuscate?
Your question was simple which is the problem. The Ukraine conflict is extremely complicated with any number of players pulling the strings. You can try to make it black and white, but it is not. Why was there a revolution to depose the elected president of Ukraine?

·
Registered
9,767 Posts
If you look at the majority of posts I have made about Ukraine, I provide a reference with no comment.
Bull. You haven’t commented much on the conflict ever since all your early theories proved wrong and Russia started getting its ass kicked, but you made a hundred or so posts early on, in your own words, explaining how this was was the US’s fault, how Russia was just defending itself, and how Ukraine needed to do the right thing and give up while it still could, based on detailed military analyses you were constructing.

Don’t try to dodge the fact that you‘ve provided A LOT of commentary on this conflict, every word of it pro-a Russia. The post history is there to prove it.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
If you ever formulate one that has facts, not just unfounded assertions, I'll be happy to refute it.
If it was facts, it wouldn't be a hypothesis, would it?

I said it was my hypothesis and it is based on what I believe to be factual information. That defines what a hypothesis is.

All you have to do is prove either of my 2 assertions is wrong.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
28,262 Posts
Your question was simple which is the problem. The Ukraine conflict is extremely complicated with any number of players pulling the strings. You can try to make it black and white, but it is not. Why was there a revolution to depose the elected president of Ukraine?
No. I asked a simple question that is simple to answer. What the reason is for your answer would be the next step but if you can't answer the first question with honestly and no guile then there is no point in discussing anything else on the subject. Do you understand that?

·
Registered
9,767 Posts
At this point, I think the evidence points to US aggression in Ukraine provoked Russia and that the US could have prevented the war, but chose not to.
This has all been discussed, with detailed facts and timelines that prove that Russia was meddling in Ukraine long before the US started trying to influence them toward western allegiance. The Ukrainian people have chosen, time and time again, to try to align and partner with their western neighbors since their eastern neighbor was forced to release them from Soviet slavery.

The US, EU and NATO welcoming Ukraine to align with the western economy, where Ukraine’s financial and military prosperity are more secure, is not a provocation to Russia unless Russia just wanted to steal Ukraine back in the first place.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,087 Posts
No. I asked a simple question that is simple to answer. What the reason is for your answer would be the next step but if you can't answer the first question with honestly and no guile then there is no point in discussing anything else on the subject. Do you understand that?
I understand you don't know much about the Ukraine War and what led up to it.

41 - 60 of 177 Posts