Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,196 Posts
Analysis by Larry Johnson - Game Changer in Ukraine–Referenda

Now we are getting some insight into Russia’s activities over the last three weeks. It now appears that the withdrawal/retreat from Kharkov was part of a broader plan that is going to culminate in the referenda by the oblasts of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson starting this Friday. This is not some last minute, desperate stunt. It flows logically from Russia’s attempt to use the Special Military Operation as leverage to compel serious negotiations on the futures and independence of Donetsk and Luhansk.​
The referenda are part of a dance with Russian law. Russia’s Duma has met and passed legislation that will govern how new territories, along with their citizens, are admitted into the Russian Republic. I must emphasize that the decision to hold the referenda this week was made some weeks ago. Ukraine’s continued shelling of civilians in the Donbas made this move an imperative.​
Once the votes are completed and the results announced, the next move will be Russia’s–i.e., welcoming the former Ukrainian oblasts into the Russian Republic. Once they are admitted, any further attack by Ukraine on those territories will be an act of war against Russia. Putin has made it very clear that he will act against any nation waging war against Russia and its citizens. This move is putting the United States and NATO on notice. If they continue to enable Ukrainian attacks on Russian citizens then they will be targeted in response.​

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Analysis by Larry Johnson - Game Changer in Ukraine–Referenda

Now we are getting some insight into Russia’s activities over the last three weeks. It now appears that the withdrawal/retreat from Kharkov was part of a broader plan that is going to culminate in the referenda by the oblasts of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson starting this Friday.​
Of course we all trust Russia to hold fair, open and honest referenda in areas they have forced into submission.

We also trust that you will defend their aggression in any way you possibly can... after all, that is what's expected of a commissar. Dobriy vecher Comrade.

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
“If you can’t find the sucker at the poker table,” goes the saying, “you’re it.”

Extrapolating that axiom to the present political moment, we may say: “If you don’t hear much about propaganda, that’s what you’re hearing.”

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Propagandists draw their power in large part from the fact that their targets are not aware that propaganda is being used on them.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,196 Posts
And before we start getting posts saying I support Putin, I am for the truth whatever it may be.

After watching the actions of our government and media over the last several years, I know that everything published by the media or stated by the government is, to be polite, suspect. I don't know what the truth is, but I'm pretty sure it is not what we are being told.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Did you watch the video? I simply wrote what Putin said in the speech.
That's your excuse for every bit of propaganda you have posted since Feb. Sure seems strange that everything you've posted has been pro Russian... even if you're not the one saying it :rolleyes: :p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
And before we start getting posts saying I support Putin, I am for the truth whatever it may be.
Did you watch the video? I simply wrote what Putin said in the speech.

I think I may just take the time to search your previous posts and see how many of them supported Ukraine in any way, shape or form. I'll even settle on anything from the Ukrainian perspective. Care to bet on how many I find???

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,196 Posts
That's your excuse for every bit of propaganda you have posted since Feb. Sure seems strange that everything you've posted has been pro Russian... even if you're not the one saying it :rolleyes: :p:rolleyes:
The government lied to us about Covid, and the media lied to us about Covid, but you believe what they are saying about Ukraine. They are lying about inflation, energy, and food prices. They are lying about the southern border and illegal immigration. With this administration, what they say is more likely to be a lie than the truth.

I am pro-truth. To get to the truth you need to look at all available information as objectively as possible trying to keep one's beliefs out of it.

I simply post an alternate analysis of the Ukraine conflict from what the government and media are spoon-feeding us. In most cases, I don't even offer my opinion.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts