Russellville-Clarksville,AR area-anyone from

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by homebody, Apr 30, 2006.

1. homebody

homebody Well-Known Member

this general area? If so, can you tell me what the job potential for a nurse would be? Have land north of this area and might move there in future but can't if jobs aren't available. Thanks. :shrug:

As long as I go SOUTH I'll be happy.

2. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I thought Nurses could find work anyplace.

3. homebody

also live in MO so can't just drive down in short period of time. It will be about 2 years before we move anywhere so checking options now. Guess no-one here is from this area. :nerd:

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

What I know:You will not have any trouble finding work. LPN, RN or Nurse practioner. If you do not mind a drive you will be able to work in out lying large markets like FT Smith or Little Rock. About an hour east or west.There is a nursing school in Ft Smith at University of Arkansas. Like work any where even if you have a skill it will be the people that you work with that make it worthwhile. I have lived in Ar 11 years and worked at a clinic for a few.The bad stories are there so are the good ones. Great area to homestead. Check into life flight nursing in the Subiaco area where you are asking about. Hope this helps pm if you need more input. TRUTH & MERCY Big Dave

5. homebody

when we went several times from Dardenelle to Paris (Mt. Magazine) Used to have appox. 5 acres on River Mt. Rd. sold; now what we have is at Hagarville.

6. chris30523

chris30523 Well-Known Member

Ever thought about going a little further south?? I live in Clarkesville Ga and the job market here for nurses is great!!!We are close enough to several cities to commute or need nurses right here at home.I also have 10 acres and a house for sale creek,small pond,pasture..what a deal..

7. BarbH

BarbH Well-Known Member

Like Big Dave said, you shouldn't have a problem at all finding a position as nurse in Fort Smith. I'm not too far from Russellville. I've not met an unemployed nurse yet.

8. homebody

Since the land is north of Hagarville, I would only work in Clarksville to Russellville area. Not gonna drive hours to get to work and back.Can't move the land you know. However my choice is east TN and will look into that further too. Met friendly people in both places.