Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
  • Through his annual radio Leukemia & Lymphoma Cure-A-Thon, Limbaugh raised and donated more than $50 million for research to help those affected by blood cancer diseases.

• In 2008, Limbaugh was ranked by Forbes as 4th of its Most Generous Celebrities List after having donated $4.2 million to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation. The MCLEF is an organization that supports the children of law enforcement officers or Marines killed in the line of duty.

• In 2019, Limbaugh had donated $5 million in proceeds to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation that paid off the mortgages of six widows of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.

• In 2018, Limbaugh gave half a million dollars to the Dana Farber Cancer Clinic.

• In 2007, Limbaugh matched an online donation for a letter he auctioned off, donating $8.4 million to the MCLEF.

• Between 2005 and 2020, Limbaugh made undisclosed but significant contributions to Move America Forward (care packages for military servicemen and women), Michael Milken and the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Els for Autism, Fisher Houses, Navy SEALs Museum, Toys for Tots, American Heritage Girls, and Adopt-a-Soldier programs.
  • A recent tweet from John Rich of the country music duo "Big n Rich"- "'When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children's Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous. I never said a word until now. He will be missed "'

·
Registered
31,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Using the word "hate" in the post above is an example of the current trend of labeling something you disagree with rather than allowing an opposing viewpoint.
Following the now proven effectiveness of suppressing free speech and the cancel culture.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You may be right, my opinion is just that, as far as his friend goes people I know put up with me when I'm being a jerk too. I simply don't see the point of all the rhetoric but to divide, how is it possible to unite by putting others down, instead of convincing them to be on your side you alienate them, the common ground that may have been becomes lost. I see it amplify prejudices and pit one against another, a really intelligent leader does not have to do that, they listen to others opinions in a thoughtful way, anyone can use fear and put downs, common game and doesn't take much thinking and very little intelligence. A truly intelligent leader leads by example and that example is generally kept positive, negative this and that day in and day out creates the same, least in my world it does. Does not mean negative things are not talked about, blaming and shaming however are not solutions to anything. Lots of people disagree with me, fine by me, I think no less of them for it, sometimes I even learn from it and become a better me, all I have to do is not take it personal and I'm fine. There should be a radio show called "tolerance", everyone could express their views but not in a mean spirited way, a place where people who think differently could talk and perhaps find common ground to build on but with respect to a person who may believe different than you. I think that would make more hay. Perhaps I should make a disclaimer here, this is my opinion only and i'm not even all here, or is it there, I have proof, my appendix was taken out years ago.....jim

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,363 Posts
In a tweet yesterday, the Mayor of Hamtramck, a Detroit suburb, Muslim majority community, called Rush an AH (she spelled it out. She hoped he's rotting in hell and ended her tweet with the foul "F Y". I'm sure such language would have a Republican banned. More disturbing is that her community is apparently fine with such venom against a dead person.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How sad indeed, totally predictable, non answer, who said anything about taking away free speech, I'm all for people like rush Limbaugh, loved his show where he was making fun of cripples, what a hoot, funny guy and who can forget the hilarious "Barack the magic *****", cracks me up every time, such humor is such an obvious sign of high intelligence. I don't have to agree with him or his style, dare to say anything against someone you disagree with and your instantly labelled part of the "cancel culture", against free speech, the new mantra for those with nothing else to offer.... more blah blah blah, sounds like 82 million people were tired of such rhetoric and they voted against it, blew a lot of minds.
I hate no one, don't think I have ever hated anyone in my life, not angry, you know nothing about me, that of course doesn't matter because it's nothing to do about fairness, letting an opposing view be heard, nope, it's about making enemies out of friends and neighbors that disagree with you, labeling them enemies and destroying them. Two things make me angry, someone hurting kids and animals, that's it. In my world a person can donate to cancer research but still be a jerk elsewhere, does not make him saint rush. If you all want to make a hero of someone who was stoned out of his mind for years while talking to millions of people while making fun of drug addicts go for it, I set my bar a little higher. That's how he always sounded to me, like he was stoned, so didn't surprise me when it came out. I worked with people with addictions for years, they all sound the same, most I didn't think should have their own radio show.
In 18 years of being on this site I have found all discussions, where there is even a slight hint of politics, end up with people labeling others in some negative light. I think I will leave you all to it and go hang with the camelids, y'all have a lovely day. jim

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
It is funny that all of his detractors never listened to the show. It is obvious, because most all of the things they take issue with are instances that he parodied, quoted, or called attention to people like them, their views and actions. The folks who murder in the name of tolerance.

·
Registered
31,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
who can forget the hilarious "Barack the magic *", cracks me up every time, such humor is such an obvious sign of high intelligence.
But it’s clear that Obama also is running for an equally important unelected office, in the province of the popular imagination — the “Magic *****.”

Obama the ‘Magic *****’
By DAVID EHRENSTEIN
MARCH 19, 2007 12 AM PT
L.A.-BASED DAVID EHRENSTEIN WRITES ABOUT HOLLYWOOD AND POLITICS.

Reactions: no really

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
you know nothing about me, that of course doesn't matter because it's nothing to do about fairness, letting an opposing view be heard, nope, it's about making enemies out of friends and neighbors that disagree with you, labeling them enemies and destroying them. /QUOTE]
This isn't personal and not meant as a slight.
Using your own words and based on your earlier post, it sounds as if you know nothing about the topic. Your earlier post was a cut and paste.
I could base my opinion of you on what others say that only have poor opinions of you, or other brief interactions that I considered as negative.
You may come off to me as abusive, a drunk or paranoid/delusional. I don't think I would share those thoughts with others while your family grieved your passing, but hey, that is just me. My time to share what I thought of you might have been better suited while you were still toes down.
I don't listen to Bill Mahar, Don Lemon, Joy Behar or a host of others who seeming spit out vile rages of hatred and bigotry and intolerance daily. Should God take them today, my thoughts would remain my own.
When a spouse constantly demeans their significant other to everyone who will listen, it usually reflects poorly on them moreso than the other.
When someone posts, to quote Rush "low information" talking points it also tends to reflect on that person, at least to those who have a better understanding of the person

21 - 29 of 29 Posts