Rural King: Great customer service

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by indypartridge, Dec 14, 2004.

1. indypartridge

indypartridge Well-Known Member Supporter

With so many horror stories and general dislike of the big box stores, I had to share a great experience today with Rural King, (competitor of Tractor Supply here in the Midwest).

This summer we bought a water trough for the horses and thought ahead and bought a submersible de-icer. On a warm fall day, I emptied the water, installed the de-icer, made sure all the gaskets were sealed, etc, but did NOT plug it in.

Yesterday, first real cold day here in Indiana, I plug in the de-icer and pop a circuit breaker. Fiddling around didn't help, and no matter what, it kept tripping the circuit. Bummer!

So this morning while I'm at work, DW calls Rural King. They tell her to bring it in and they'll gladly exchange it. She tells them she's not going to dump the trough and turn the dry lot into a skating rink, and she's not about to empty it one bucket at a time. They tell her to c'mon in, they'll take care of her.

So she goes over to Rural King, no receipt, just an empty box. They hand her both a submersible de-icer and a floater and tell her to try them both. Told her to bring back whichever one she doesn't want, along with the non-working one "whenever you can".

Rural King just earned two loyal customers!

2. tbout

tbout Member

Awesome isn't it great to know the old ways are still in existence! T

3. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

A Rural King Ohio just went in within the last two months or so between where I live and where my dad lives. I haven't checked it out yet, but my very discrimnating uncle just loves it. It went in the building that Quality Farm and Fleet just left. I dislike F & F AND Tractor Supply, so I'm looking forward to checking out the new Rural King!

4. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

I have always had a good experience at tsc, not sure if there are any rural kings in our area. Which one do you go to Mammabooh?

5. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

The TSC is in Navarre and the new Rural Ring is in Wooster.

6. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

We have Family Farm and Home here in west Michigan. Good selection and prices owned by old QFF exec who got the buildings for 0$

mikell

7. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Ah, ok, they just opened like in October or something on Rt. 30. I know where it is now! doggone it, now I have to go there. We have a TSC here in Medina

8. ChristenaTN

ChristenaTN Active Member

Hubby almost went to work at our local RK. We prefer it to the others and they have free popcorn for everyone who comes in (kids enjoy that) and just a relaxed can I help you atmosphere:) Good store!

9. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

We got one here last summer where K Mart went broke. Big store. More work clothes than you can shake a stick at. I think my gun rack Christmas present is on layaway there. ??????

10. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

....................We , only have tractor Supply here in Texas and None of the other stores you'll mentioned are opening here , at this time , fordy.. :)