Rural Development Loans

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Is anyone familiar with obtaining a Rural Development (federal) loan for purchasing rural property?

I've searched the interent but have not found anything regarding the program. I don't have a link to the exact office of the government handling these property loans. The only thing I know is the property must be a primary residence.

Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,

Country Bound

2. Terri in WV

Terri in WV Well-Known Member Supporter

south central Kentucky(finally out of all the snow
    Try firstgov.gov and see if that will help you.

3. mousecat33

mousecat33 Well-Known Member

Have a friend on a young farmer program. Low interest loan and all, but they are all over him like a cheap suit...Animal breeds, water tanks, what to grow, etc. He's not a happy camper right now, maybe in about 20 years...

mc

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

5. quietstar

quietstar Well-Known Member

Country Bound:
    I believe the program you seek is under the Farmers Home Admn. which is part of the USDA. Many county seats will have an office and they have interesting home loan programs. Odd thing is we find them more eager to finance homes in town with all city utilities available. Check them out and ask lots of questions. Good Luck....Glen

6. Nette

Nette Well-Known Member Supporter

Farmers Home Administration is the old name. The present name is "USDA, Rural Development," and the site is www.rurdev.usda.gov.