runny nose

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Paso, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Paso

Paso Well-Known Member

I have 2 goats with runny noses seems like a cold what medication should I give? Thank you in advance I always get good information here.

2. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

I have a runny nose too, but all I'm taking is vit-C and some Echinachea (SP?) and going through a few tissue..
    If your barn is dry, if you can get on your knees and sniff the hay without gagging on amnonia fumes and stand with dry knees, then they may just have the sniffles.. Have you taken their temp? does their breathing sound raspy?? if not, you can give 'em chewable vit-C and Echinachea to boost their immune, and they'll be happy for the treat.. :)

3. Debi

Debi Active Member

I give mine a little Triaminic when they get snotty noses along with Vitamin C. It seems to help and they like the taste.

Make sure you take their temperature to make sure it's not something serious.

Debi
    Kaufman TX

4. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

I use benadryl and Vit C moldy dusty hay , urnine in their bedding etc. will all cause runny noses. But take thier temp. if you have temperature then you need VET antibiotics etc.

5. tduerson

tduerson Well-Known Member

If the runny nose is Clear or White then it is usually Allergies if it is Yellow or Green then that is usually a sign of Pnuemonia. You need to find out what is causing the runny nose and treat accordingly.
    Tina

6. Paso

Paso Well-Known Member

What should the temp. of a goat be?

7. tduerson

tduerson Well-Known Member

Normal temp is 102.5