Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) did I once see a float valve which screws into the drain plug on a Rubbermaid trough, valve is under water, activated by a float on a chain...or was I dreaming???

2) anyone tried "bubblers" to prevent freezing?

appreciate info, leads etc.

thanks all,

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I have the valve that you're talking about. I bought it at Agri-Supply in Petersburg, VA. They have a web site, www.agri-supply.com , where you can order it.

The valve has a smaller thread than the tank. It takes an adapter bushing to make it fit. I bought that in the store at the same time. You should be able to get the adapter at any good hardware store. Take the plug and the valve with you.

I like it so much better than the top fill valve that I had before. I buried the tank 1 foot deep. the valve and supply hose is now that deep in the ground. I hope it won't freeze this winter.

Gene

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
genebo said:
I have the valve that you're talking about. I bought it at Agri-Supply in Petersburg, VA. They have a web site, www.agri-supply.com , where you can order it.

Gene
thanks Gene, that's what I am considering too. Adding insulation to the sides plus an insulated cover which leaves only a small drinking area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts