Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
probably me I planted several crooked rows this year so i must have been visiting a few other places and dropped by when it was time to plant crooked rows LOL :)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
heather said:
DO NOT click on this link, if you have dial up -
I think it would probably take a few years.
DSL & others will have no problem -

http://q.metheny.home.att.net/home.html

I just have 1 question........

in the name of all that is sacred, WHO planted those crooked rows of beans?! :p
Heather, is this your place? Good looking garden, pretty girls and I like the round house. BTW, I have dial-up and it loaded quickly for me. :p

southrngardngal-Jan

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
southrngardngal said:
Heather, is this your place? Good looking garden, pretty girls and I like the round house. BTW, I have dial-up and it loaded quickly for me. :p

southrngardngal-Jan
Hi Jan - Yes, that's our place -

Wow - I'm glad you got it loaded - you were brave to try!! :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
You have a beautiful family and a beautiful home. I love your garden and all the veggies that you have.

Blessings,
Debi

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Heather - I've enjoyed all the photos from the start. But this is really really a nice place you have there. Love the Round house, and the setting, and your family is pretty nifty also.

Angie

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
cool spot, great pics.

dean

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Waay Cool!

Admire the 'hands on' approach you've got for creating a home.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS for all the nice comments everyone -
Wish you could all come over.....well, come to think of it, you're welcome to! :)

Ravenlost said:
Great looking garden! My, your sweet little girls are growing (must be all the yummy veggies they're eating from the garden).
Oh my, I literally laughed when I read your post -
We got home late tonight from running errands & they had Raisin Bran for dinner :rolleyes:
O well - at least it wasn't fruit loops right?! :p

belladulcinea said:
Loaded right up and what beautiful pictures and scenery! Is that a Deltech home?
Yes, you're right!
www.deltechomes.com

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
AngieM2 said:
Heather - I've enjoyed all the photos from the start. But this is really really a nice place you have there. Love the Round house, and the setting, and your family is pretty nifty also.

Angie
I'll see AngieM2's really really nice to a really, really, really nice place you have there - how many acres do you have? Is the house easy to heat? One suggestion - get rid of the fake chicken and get some real ones then you'll really be "all set".

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gercarson said:
I'll see AngieM2's really really nice to a really, really, really nice place you have there - how many acres do you have? Is the house easy to heat? One suggestion - get rid of the fake chicken and get some real ones then you'll really be "all set".
I was wondering when all you HOMESTEADERS would notice the FAKE chicken! :1pig:

We have 5.5 of our own that we subdivided off and about 55-60 more owned by the whole family (yes, that's really fun when it's tax time!) that we get to use as wanted or needed

We have a Trane electric furnace - our whole house is electric, which seemed a bit scary at first. We have a generator and this past Dec. we installed our woodstove. Our electric bill for 3200 sq ft has never been more than $120, which, as I said, includes everything.

Oh, also our interior layout has something to do with the heating.
The ceilings are high but we have ceiling fans in every room. And 1/2 the upstairs is a great room.

·
Tub-thumper
1,588 Posts
Beautiful home, family and garden!!

The two bean rows stay parallel to each other, so I say they're not technically crooked :D

/VM

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
trappmountain said:
Heather watch that inviting us all over. I know their is quite a few of us from W. PA and E. OH. We may all take you up on that! :)
ya know, I've mentioned having a get-together here a couple times & I always fizzle out -
There's always some interest from you 'neighbors' so I'll just have to do it.
Seems like there's always something else that comes up, but I need to schedule it & make it happen......hmmmm.......maybe the Fall.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I could not view all the pictures, about half way through my puter rejected stating not enough memory. But I did see the pic of Woofie with his snowcain problem.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
moopups said:
I could not view all the pictures, about half way through my puter rejected stating not enough memory. But I did see the pic of Woofie with his snowcain problem.
well, then you made it back to February, so that's pretty good! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts