Rosemary zones

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 2, 2004.

1. "Rosemary (says zones 7-10)"

The plant didn't last a week in hot NC. I believe we are zone 7a here.
    French Tarragon is doing well with the heat and humidity.

Shepmom

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm in zone 6, borderline 5. Rosemary does phenomenal here. It dies back in the winter but comes back every spring, as do my mints, sage, oregano, marjoram and lavender.

3. dakota1055

dakota1055 Member

I'm in zone 9 now, and the rosemary does fantastic. I lost one big older plant in a pot last year during the rainy season because the drainage was blocked. Rosemary does not like wet feet.

4. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Stepmom, where did you get your French tarragon? We don't have a problem growing rosemary in zone 8. It wintered OK and is doing great. DH transplanted it to another spot for better use in the kitchen.

5. I bought 3 plants from Territorialseed.com (Oregon)

Shepmom

6. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

I'm definately in zone 4 and have 3 rosemary plants in the herb bed. I don't do much to overwinter them, but every year they are here.
    Shadowwalker

7. det28

det28 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    We're in zone 7 here is arid west Texas. The rosemary grows great here and it was 107 a couple days ago. I agree that they don't like too much moisture, which ought to make them just love it here. :rolleyes:
    Lockie