Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Cabin Fever said:
Because I don't like sliding off of roofs...or do they make boots with magnets on the soles?
I understand, my roof is so very near to being flat that I did not consider the issue of sliding off.

But yes on a steep roof, sliding would be bad.

Our building down South in Connecticut, has an asphalt roof and it is very steep. So much so, that I do not work on it without a rope and harness.

P.S. "edited" all I said was "Why"?

:)

ET1 SS said:
P.S. "edited" all I said was "Why"?

:)
I did not edit your post. As a moderator, I get an "Edit button" right next to the "Quote button" on every post in Homesteading Questions. I accidently hit the edit button on your post when I wanted to hit the quote button. Just call me fumble fingers.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this about hail storms. In this area, we had 2 years in a row of high cost insurace repairs to roofs and vehicles from a passing large damaging hail storms. I noticed that many roofs were redone using metal roofing that the insurance companies favoured (with less premiums). It also makes sense in the northland. I notice my barn roof is metal and snow always slides off it. The house is shingled and gets a load with heavy snows. The other advantage of metal roofs is long life, plus a range of colour choices that look very attractive to add value.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.