roof moss

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by kate, Dec 5, 2004.

1. kate

kate Well-Known Member

quick question here. roof has light coat of moss starting. put up zinc strips this summer, but i think we need to help it by taking off what is there now. what i need to know is when you put your tide detergent on roof, do you sprinkle it all over or do you put it evenly in a strip at top. this is sorta important, since this roof is black and i don't want any white spots of any kind left on it, because we didn't put it on right. need some experience, here. lots of thanks.

2. Oregonsparkie

Oregonsparkie Well-Known Member

I used a moss killer product a couple years ago. I remember just sprinkling it all around on the roof, even bare spots where there was no moss.

3. kate

kate Well-Known Member

well, put on my traction tennies and climbed up on the roof and scattered a container of tide on parts. mother nature then obliged with first a hail storm then a bunch of rain. seems to have diluted it off and i see no white, but it is still wet, but looks like i will not have to worry about leaving white residue. now all i have to get is some more courage to get the rest of the roof............

4. westbrook

westbrook In Remembrance

I wish I could get moss to grow on my roof! nothing but rattlesnakes, sage brush and coyotes grow in the desert. A little green would be nice.