Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two neutered male cats romp, wrestle and chase each other through the house every couple of days. About the worst seems to be an occasional scratch on the neck area even though I'm good about keeping their nails trimmed. Is this just boys being boys, or is it aggression I need to monitor somehow? One is around 12, the other maybe 7. The younger cries piteously if he's on the receiving end, but it feels like that's all an act. My 12ish female cat does not participate, and sometimes charges at the younger male, who runs off someplace. I share the cats with another person, so the combo of who's here and who's away changes. (Don't ask. It's too weird, but it's a fact.)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds to me like it's cat's just being "normal". If there is such a thing as a normal cat. I have my doubts.

Reactions: Use Less

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Very good sign, playtime happens when the cats are trusting and happy to be around each other. My male cat wrestles with the garden hose when I'm watering - never gets old for him. My female cat - not. But they've learned to chase each other - too much fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts