Homesteading Forum banner

Rolled Bandages

Tags
diy
2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  wr 
#1 ·
I need your help HT!

I'm starting my first crochet project. I want to crochet my own rolled bandages so I won't rely on big box stores for medical supplies.

The Good News: My day program agreed to teach me how to crochet rolled bandages.

The Bad News: My day program don't have wool nor any resources to make rolled bandages because most of their craft room stuff is all donated by the clients' families. I don't know what yarn should I choose so I ask my dad to get it.

What yarn should I get to make this? Home Made "ACE" Bandages

#14 ·
She is stating its for her own use! That makes it well worth her time. She didn't say whe was donating them. People wonder why I knit my own socks, hats and scarves....well I have one reason folks don't know. I have bad feet with bunions...about to get surgery. I had to knit my socks wide enough and custom to allow for less pain. If she wants to knit her own rolled bandages? Good for her!! Its like we knit wash cloths, and other things...surely we can buy them...but she wants to make her bandages...

#18 ·
It takes a while to get the stitches and sizing right. A person needs to practice on something. If they want to make their own bandages, good for them.

I could buy a comforter for much less than the cost of the yarn to crochet one. But I like crocheting. It relaxes me and gives me something constructive to do on cold winter evenings. Many times when hubby and I were working second shift, I would fall asleep under my project.

#20 ·
Her. She. Jerry is female.

Anyone who jumps into one of these threads and makes disparaging comments without knowing more about the situation is revealing his/her miniscule level of compassion.

Jerry is exploring MANY options of homesteading tasks. She is restricted by the fact that she resides in a group home with A LOT OF RULES.

We are helping Jerry navigate her interests and figure out what is within her skill set in the current location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.