Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 527 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,007 Posts
"Every healthy infant is wanted and then some"

That is what really bothers me. It is like everyone wants a puppy but not a teen or adult dog. They won't take the children that really need them first.

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
21,212 Posts
That’s my biggest problem with the whole thing. There is no cohesive agreement on what is acceptable and what isn’t.

Some feel IUD’s are not acceptable and others feel it’s fine, some believe that Plan B is acceptable and others don’t, some feel birth control is unacceptable, some feel abortion is acceptable if a woman’s life is in danger and others feel it’s only acceptable up to a certain point.

While we are all deciding what’s best for women, who’s opinion is the right opinion?
Here is my take. Pre-conception birth control is fine and its use should be encouraged. While I am not a fan of government programs, voluntary "free" sterilization programs should be available to lower income folks. I would even be in favor of tax credits for those who undergo said procedures, in all income brackets.

If the life of the mother is truly in danger, logic dictates that the pregnancy be terminated. Why? Because if the pregnancy is going to kill the mother, the baby will also be lost and, therefore we must act to save as many lives as possible, and, in that case, abortion does that.

In my view, the age of the new life has nothing to do with if it is okay to kill it.

·
Registered
14,383 Posts
That is a common and really useless argument. If you take a 2yo out in the wild and leave him in a clearing, come back a week later, I guarantee he will be dead.
Lot of hypotheticals and what ifs and contortions of reason and terminology in order to come to a conclusion that something considered monstrous until recently is now blase.

·
21,212 Posts
"Every healthy infant is wanted and then some"

That is what really bothers me. It is like everyone wants a puppy but not a teen or adult dog. They won't take the children that really need them first.
Yes, but most of the children, currently killed in abortion, would enter the world as wanted healthy infants and, if the mother would have killed it before birth, we know she doesn't want it and adoption is the logical option.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,007 Posts
Yes, but most of the children, currently killed in abortion, would enter the world as wanted healthy infants and, if the mother would have killed it before birth, we know she doesn't want it and adoption is the logical option.
If a child is wanted then age shouldn't matter. They should be adopting older children or children with special needs first. Instead they are ignored because they are not infants.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you are so anti abortion, then the question asked by wr deserves a real answer. Unwanted children are a real problem,
whereas your flip, unfunny answer does not further the conversation.
I am sure that all the pro-lifers posting here are aware of what is going on in the world. Every news feed I see has parents torturing, starving and killing their children. How in the blue blazes is letting them be born and then end like that making
"every life is precious".
And again, these children already are not being aborted!!

·
21,212 Posts
If a child is wanted then age shouldn't matter. They should be adopting older children or children with special needs first. Instead they are ignored because they are not infants.
They are sometimes ignored because they tend to be damaged. Most children, in foster care, are not given up, they are taken from their parents because of abuse, neglect, or, other damaging event.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,007 Posts
They are sometimes ignored because they tend to be damaged. Most children, in foster care, are not given up, they are taken from their parents because of abuse, neglect, or, other damaging event.
So! Any child can be born damaged or get damaged. If they are precious enough to be born, they are precious enough to be adopted no matter what age or damage. No need to force bringing more into this world until the ones already here are adopted.

·
21,212 Posts
So! Any child can be born damaged or get damaged. If they are precious enough to be born, they are precious enough to be adopted no matter what age or damage. No need to force bringing more into this world until the ones already here are adopted.
If you are in favor of killing the unborn, non damaged ones, why don't you favor killing the damaged born ones? BTW, I am in favor of making adoption easy/free for children of all ages. That would go a long way.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,007 Posts
If you are in favor of killing the unborn, non damaged ones, why don't you favor killing the damaged born ones? BTW, I am in favor of making adoption easy/free for children of all ages. That would go a long way.
I am not in favor of killing anyone. I don't believe that you are killing a person just because an egg is fertilized. Just like I don't believe that ending life support on a brain dead body is killing someone.

Adoption is not the answer to abortion. Woman don't want to give up a child they birthed. Some children may be given up but many will not. Some, maybe many of those will end up in the system and will add to the amount of older and possibly damaged children that are not being adopted now.

I believe every child already in this world should be taken care of before we force women to have more.

·
Administrator
21,001 Posts
If they can choose to have an abortion, they can choose to let the born child go for adoption. Every healthy infant is wanted and then some. The problem is when people have children and don't put them up for adoption then proceed to damage them beyond repair. The vast majority of aborted babies would have been healthy infants and there are currently 35 couples, give or take, waiting for every healthy infant available. While I do believe those who choose abortion are sick sadistic twists, I am told that they are usually well adjusted, well informed, good people, so, which is it?
What about those babies that aren’t healthy? I just checked my province’s website and there seems to be a lot of flawed ones who have been in the system for up to 17 years and all of them indicate a need for a young family to keep supporting them and their costly medical needs for many years to come.

·
21,212 Posts
What about those babies that aren’t healthy? I just checked my province’s website and there seems to be a lot of flawed ones who have been in the system for up to 17 years and all of them indicate a need for a young family to keep supporting them and their costly medical needs for many years to come.
You don't kill millions to avoid a few dozen who might be less than perfect. We will deal with them like we have been. It is unfortunate but, it keeps them from starving.

·
Registered
40,277 Posts
Are you suggesting it is ok to abort if a baby is found to be deformed or unhealthy?

·
21,212 Posts
I am not in favor of killing anyone. I don't believe that you are killing a person just because an egg is fertilized. Just like I don't believe that ending life support on a brain dead body is killing someone.
Sure you are. The unborn are living humans and you are in favor of killing them. And generally, the brain dead have chosen not to be kept alive on LS. I have a living will that directs them not to keep me living. My body, my choice, only really.
Adoption is not the answer to abortion. Woman don't want to give up a child they birthed. Some children may be given up but many will not. Some, maybe many of those will end up in the system and will add to the amount of older and possibly damaged children that are not being adopted now.
Millions will survive and have perfectly normal happy lives.
I believe every child already in this world should be taken care of before we force women to have more.
The unborn are in this world. A uterus is not some transdimensional location.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
That’s my biggest problem with the whole thing. There is no cohesive agreement on what is acceptable and what isn’t.

Some feel IUD’s are not acceptable and others feel it’s fine, some believe that Plan B is acceptable and others don’t, some feel birth control is unacceptable, some feel abortion is acceptable if a woman’s life is in danger and others feel it’s only acceptable up to a certain point.

While we are all deciding what’s best for women, who’s opinion is the right opinion?
You make some interesting points, but here it is again - from your perspective, pro-life individuals are attempting to decide whats best for women. Yet, from every single pro-life advocate I have ever spoken to, it is an attempt to decide whats best for a child who has no voice.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,007 Posts
Sure you are. The unborn are living humans and you are in favor of killing them. And generally, the brain dead have chosen not to be kept alive on LS. I have a living will that directs them not to keep me living. My body, my choice, only really.

Millions will survive and have perfectly normal happy lives.

The unborn are in this world. A uterus is not some transdimensional location.
No, I am not. I can differentiate between human cells and a human person. Higher brain activity is what makes a person.

Just because an egg got fertilized does not mean it has the right to life.

·
21,212 Posts
No, I am not. I can differentiate between human cells and a human person. Higher brain activity is what makes a person.

Just because an egg got fertilized does not mean it has the right to life.
So, a temporary state is what determines ones worth for living?
Are you also in favor of amputation in cases of broken bones?

321 - 340 of 527 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.