Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 527 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,005 Posts
If you are fine with abortion up until 8 weeks then you should be fine with it up to 15 weeks. There is little difference. There is still no higher brain function.

If you are fine with abortion for rape or incest then you should be fine with abortion up until 15 weeks or so. Still stopping the life of a fetus.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you are fine with abortion up until 8 weeks then you should be fine with it up to 15 weeks. There is little difference. There is still no higher brain function.

If you are fine with abortion for rape or incest then you should be fine with abortion up until 15 weeks or so. Still stopping the life of a fetus.
I do not agree with abortion after 15 weeks, because there is a big difference between a 0-8 week old fetus vs a 15 week old fetus.

I am not fine with abortion at all, if it can be avoided. Rape and incest do not justify abortion.

I will explain 1 more time only, and this time please pay attention, before asking the same questions repeatedly.

I do not approve of abortion, under any circumstances, if it can be avoided.

Both men and women have options to prevent unwanted pregnancies, such as abstinence, birth control, condoms, or vasectomy / tube tying.

If one or more than one of the options above are used but are ineffective at preventing unwanted pregnancies, the plan B / morning after pill or Queen Anne's Lace are options that could be used, to end the pregnancy (which could result in the death of an unborn baby). Unless a woman is raped or held against her will, nothing stops her from using one of these options the very next day, and no one forces her to wait for weeks or months, let alone 15 weeks. I know this is a gray area, and I accept that. I don't like it, but I understand and accept it.

Incest is rare, because it is well known that a person born of incest is likely to have medical problems that could cause that person to live a short life, suffer until they die, be dependent upon others for their entire life, or to pass on their medical problems to the next generation. In this case, the option to abort the unborn baby within the first 8 weeks of pregnancy is available ... but unless rape is involved, incest is very irresponsible ... and gross.

Rape happens, which is not the fault of a pregnant woman or her unborn baby. In this case, a pregnant woman has the same options available to her as the two previous cases. She also has the option of completing her pregnancy, giving birth to the baby, and giving up the baby for adoption.

Medically necessary abortion (to prevent the death of a pregnant woman) is rare, but possible. In this case, I think abortion should be an option.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,005 Posts
I do not agree with abortion after 15 weeks, because there is a big difference between a 0-8 week old fetus vs a 15 week old fetus.

I am not fine with abortion at all, if it can be avoided. Rape and incest do not justify abortion.

I will explain 1 more time only, and this time please pay attention, before asking the same questions repeatedly.

I do not approve of abortion, under any circumstances, if it can be avoided.

Both men and women have options to prevent unwanted pregnancies, such as abstinence, birth control, condoms, or vasectomy / tube tying.

If one or more than one of the options above are used but are ineffective at preventing unwanted pregnancies, the plan B / morning after pill or Queen Anne's Lace are options that could be used, to end the pregnancy (which could result in the death of an unborn baby). Unless a woman is raped or held against her will, nothing stops her from using one of these options the very next day, and no one forces her to wait for weeks or months, let alone 15 weeks. I know this is a gray area, and I accept that. I don't like it, but I understand and accept it.

Incest is rare, because it is well known that a person born of incest is likely to have medical problems that could cause that person to live a short life, suffer until they die, be dependent upon others for their entire life, or to pass on their medical problems to the next generation. In this case, the option to abort the unborn baby within the first 8 weeks of pregnancy is available ... but unless rape is involved, incest is very irresponsible ... and gross.

Rape happens, which is not the fault of a pregnant woman or her unborn baby. In this case, a pregnant woman has the same options available to her as the two previous cases. She also has the option of completing her pregnancy, giving birth to the baby, and giving up the baby for adoption.

Medically necessary abortion (to prevent the death of a pregnant woman) is rare, but possible. In this case, I think abortion should be an option.
I find your line in the sand arbitrary. You believe it is a child at conception but say there are options in certain cases. It is either never acceptable after it is what you deem a child or it is not. You seem to be okay with queen Anne's lace but not other early pregnancy termination.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Contraception!!! Why is that so hard to understand? Preventing the pregnancy in the first place will prevent an abortion. It's so easy and no one gets it! How many unwanted children wouldn't exist if folks would act responsibly and use contraception!!!
And the unwanted children aren't a valid excuse for abortion either. Abortion has been available for 50 years and the unwanted and abused children still exist!!
And she did mention plan b, what other early termination are you talking about @painterswife?
Iud's? Another great option to prevent an unwanted abortion!

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,005 Posts
Birth control fails and woman have the right to use after fertilization options. If you don't want to use them don't.

Isn't plan b enough to be mentioned? She has also discussed Queen Anne lace several times.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Birth control fails and woman have the right to use after fertilization options. If you don't want to use them don't.

Isn't plan b enough to be mentioned? She has also discussed Queen Anne lace several times.
I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying, and my intent...I'm asking of what others you are speaking. I wasn't being nasty, so please let's not do that. I also said that iud's worked wonders at preventing abortions.
Yes, birth control fails, there are always going to be exceptions, always. But again, using it in the first place goes a long ways toward preventing unwanted abortions.
Why can't contraception be promoted as passionately as abortion? Why is the concept so difficult for so many folks?

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,005 Posts
I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying, and my intent...I'm asking of what others you are speaking. I wasn't being nasty, so please let's not do that. I also said that iud's worked wonders at preventing abortions.
Yes, birth control fails, there are always going to be exceptions, always. But again, using it in the first place goes a long ways toward preventing unwanted abortions.
Why can't contraception be promoted as passionately as abortion? Why is the concept so difficult for so many folks?
Queens Ann lace. That was one of the abortion methods she talked about. Supposed to prevent implantation.

Anyone I know that has had an abortion did use pre sex birth control and it failed. So they then used after sex birth control.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you are so anti abortion, then the question asked by wr deserves a real answer. Unwanted children are a real problem,
whereas your flip, unfunny answer does not further the conversation.
I am sure that all the pro-lifers posting here are aware of what is going on in the world. Every news feed I see has parents torturing, starving and killing their children. How in the blue blazes is letting them be born and then end like that making
"every life is precious".

·
Registered
227 Posts
Another thought...how do you force a woman to take care of herself through an unwanted pregnancy? What if she uses drugs or alcohol and causes the baby to be born handicapped? It's just not right to force someone to go through an unwanted pregnancy. I totally agree with using birth control to start with..but we all know it fails..mine did.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
theres that old thing about separation of church and state that we used to have.
The separation of church and state, while a topic of discussion among the founders, did not exist in the form we know of now prior to Everson v. Board of Education in 1947. So, really only about 75 years.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Do you truly believe that only religious people know right from wrong?
The politically correct answer is, of course “no”. That being said, if we consider that virtually every single law is a derivative of a religious law (I’m speaking of morals and standards of conduct defining right and wrong; traffic laws and such would not apply). Regardless of one’s current religious beliefs, moral standards of conduct are absolutely within the realm of religion.

Consider murder (say a burglar shooting someone after robbing them): how is murder defined, and what is it that makes it morally reprehensible? We can not look to the animal kingdom for a premise or example, as we are the only species in over 1 million species within Kingdom anamalia that has a concept of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ above and beyond mere survival instincts. So, we recognize, as a species, that there is something “else”; an additional standard we must adhere to (regardless of specific religious beliefs).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
but why is it anyones business other than the people involved personally? if i were to get pregnant, which is impossible, but just saying...and decided to have an abortion, why should you worry about it? we dont know each other. its not going to affect you. why should your views change what is available to me?
Why do we worry when someone gets shot during a robbery? Regardless of of one’s views, empathy is still a factor and this broaches (at the least) one’s views on morals and views of right and wrong. I began this thread by asking when the right to a woman’s body was granted to the child by their mother (who did not choose to have an abortion), as the mother would presumably have that same right to choose (according to most pro-choice advocates). No one has answered that question. Clearly, and at the very least, pro choice advocates must then concede that this right to choose isn’t one they were born with. On the other hand, most pro-life advocates believe that the right to life is something that one is born with.

·
Registered
40,275 Posts
You obviously have never been raped. You have not experienced the emotional turmoil; and even denial. You really should not speak about things you can't even begin to understand.
Think a little more about what you just said. You implied men don't see rape as bad.

·
Registered
40,275 Posts
I just think abortion after 8 weeks should be illegal
If a pregnant woman is unable or unwilling to protect her unborn child from being murdered, then others should have every right to step in and do it for her.
Thank you for having the courage to speak up. Too many women are beat down by the likes of @painterswife

·
Administrator
20,999 Posts
Why would you assume most pro-life advocates believe it is?
That’s my biggest problem with the whole thing. There is no cohesive agreement on what is acceptable and what isn’t.

Some feel IUD’s are not acceptable and others feel it’s fine, some believe that Plan B is acceptable and others don’t, some feel birth control is unacceptable, some feel abortion is acceptable if a woman’s life is in danger and others feel it’s only acceptable up to a certain point.

While we are all deciding what’s best for women, who’s opinion is the right opinion?

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
21,212 Posts
If you are so anti abortion, then the question asked by wr deserves a real answer. Unwanted children are a real problem,
whereas your flip, unfunny answer does not further the conversation.
I am sure that all the pro-lifers posting here are aware of what is going on in the world. Every news feed I see has parents torturing, starving and killing their children. How in the blue blazes is letting them be born and then end like that making
"every life is precious".
If they can choose to have an abortion, they can choose to let the born child go for adoption. Every healthy infant is wanted and then some. The problem is when people have children and don't put them up for adoption then proceed to damage them beyond repair. The vast majority of aborted babies would have been healthy infants and there are currently 35 couples, give or take, waiting for every healthy infant available. While I do believe those who choose abortion are sick sadistic twists, I am told that they are usually well adjusted, well informed, good people, so, which is it?

301 - 320 of 527 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.